Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

My guess is, if Ajax get who they want in following Antony then Kudus will be allowed to move.
Or, on top of that, Ajax are overwhelmed with what they get for Anthony and are acting like tough negotiators once again.
If that is the case, we should walk away or at least pretend to and don' t let them play with us. Let the player himself push for the move.

We had no choice but to let Richy go. I'm not interested in how he does now.
We've made progress in improving the squad though - but still need to get rid of high wage dead wood like Gomes, Keane and Allan - and even Doucoure.
I'm confident we'll win more that we don't at home but it's our appalling away form that worries me and lack of goals. Where are the midfielders who can even score 6-8 per season these days.
We have some tidy players but we cannot sustain pressure when on the attack away from home and look shaky when defending.
Dan James would be a good buy in my opinion. He has pace and can run with the ball that would get us up the pitch. He'll be an option to Gray and McNeil and allow us to change tactics. Even if he sat on the centre circle when we defend corners he'd occupy 2 of the opposition. We'll see how Maupay does but he'll also need more support. He looks like he can hold up the ball if played to his feet. Dunno how long DCL is out for so we really do need another 9/10.
I also think it's vital we get Gana to solidify the middle and he'll complement Onana. This may even allow Iwobi to continue in a 3 if necessary - and he seems to be playing well there - but may also flourish as a 10.
I see Pickford, Tarks, Patt, Cody, Myk, Onana, Iwobi, Gordon, Maupay as first teamers - with DCL when fit - and perm Holgate, McNeil, Gray, Coleman, Vinagre according to formation. Gana is a starter for me if we get him. Dan James would fit into the perm for me. Dunno enough about Kudus but if Allan Gomes Keane and Doucoure go then some extra manpower is needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back