Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

I think we are all getting caught up on purchases and forgetting to consider the amount of money spent on wages compared to turnover and our percentage was one of if not the worst.
That seems to be the thing everyone forgets we don’t generate enough money to support a disproportionate payroll regardless of transfer fees.
We have to start being sensible and pay what we can afford.

Well they did bid, they just didn't bid £60m. We need to sell him to generate funds to buy players to keep us in the division. Gordon's got decent potential, but he won't keep us up and our squad is utterly hopeless. Factor in that we are once more seeming to only look at the rejects of other teams we are trying to compete with, now the end of the window is approaching, and we are bang in trouble.

Should have taken anything over £30m for Gordon imo.
Nobody can say one way or the other whether they bid for Gordon and anybody who comes on here and says defo is still guessing unless it's tuchel or lampard. High probability that they did but defo not confirmed either way. You say take anything over £30m for Gordon but Chelsea have just bought a defender for £70m which closely followed another purchase of a defender for £65m. To have sold our one sellable asset for £30m would have been utter madness whether you or I like him or not. He is worth a whole lot more in the present market.

I mean everybody saying "what about FFP" when other teams are spending, im fairly sure they all said the same when we bought everything with a pulse.
No leg to stand on and all that. It's a big, big problem in football but as an Everton supporter it doesn't quite feel right to pipe up even if I do see inequities.

Anyone know how sky can report on transfer rumours and provide betting odds?! Feels like a Netflix documentary in the making once they all get found out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back