Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
No leg to stand on and all that. It's a big, big problem in football but as an Everton supporter it doesn't quite feel right to pipe up even if I do see inequities.
Was it phased in or just a new rule, I can’t remember! Feels like we plunged in without knowing it was an issue. Sensible thing to do would be to give sufficient notice and phase it in, maybe they did. If they did, we’re idiots.

I wonder what the fans' reactions will be if we fail to secure what we need, given Moshiri's comments?

Most people on here seem to think we'll be fine as is, but new acquisitions will make us more comfortable- definitely not a view I share.

Will they go for the board, or just muddle on? Moshiri has made a rod for his own back there. Things not looking positive at the moment. Still, 3 and a half days to go. ?
I agree with this but would add that there is no way he has just dropped that comment off the cuff. He will have been told by the people that he is employing, the buck stopping with big Kev, that we have A, B and C in place and will be stronger going forward.

Was it phased in or just a new rule, I can’t remember! Feels like we plunged in without knowing it was an issue. Sensible thing to do would be to give sufficient notice and phase it in, maybe they did. If they did, we’re idiots.
To be honest I don't even recall. I think it was already a thing and Moshiri thought we were just a couple of steps away from CL contention, but I don't remember well enough. The money in the Prem gets more insane every season. I almost admire Forest going for it...there's such a big gap between leagues that it's almost the more sensible thing to do compared to what Bournemouth have done, and I think we'll see that play out this season. But it's the sheer number of players that is shocking - it's basically going to be like a Sunday pick up game for them for the first portion of the season, where you don't know anyone on your team.

This FFP stuff is so corrupt.

Modern football was built on the media creaming themselves about record-breaking transfer fees and wages, as well as multi-billion dollar club takeovers by foreign conglomerates.

Now the ‘top’ clubs are in their own league, they’ve well and truly pulled up the ladder.

Clubs own the PL they could get rid it of it very easily.

Don't understand why others are spending hundreds of millions and staying within the so called spending rules. Something phoney going on. Rules for some and not for others.

Clubs own the PL they could get rid it of it very easily.
You need all but six clubs to do that. I can think of six clubs that are likely to be opposed (well, maybe five with Boehly over at Chelsea) off the top of my head, because they don't want Newcastle to knock them off their perch. Add in a couple of the perennial midtable sides, and there's no way the votes are there.

Kudus is going nowhere unfortunately...even though ajax don't play him often, they rate him highly for the future
it is probably a question how badly he wants out. Been reading that he wants to play more with the World Cup coming up. If Ziyech is going to Ajax it will help because it will mean Dutch player Steven Berghuis moving inside to the nr 10 role again and Davy Klaassen also an option for them

You need all but six clubs to do that. I can think of six clubs that are likely to be opposed (well, maybe five with Boehly over at Chelsea) off the top of my head, because they don't want Newcastle to knock them off their perch. Add in a couple of the perennial midtable sides, and there's no way the votes are there.

I was speaking theoretically really mate in the sense of the projection of an outside third party corrupt force - the clubs own the PL.

Speaking hypothetically be a lot of all politicking alright mate, but i don’t think it’s impossible, eventually most of the league will be made up of very wealthy owners who may want the shackles of to privately invest to compete, it’s a billionaires playground now. I think there could be some appetite given the ESL thing, I think everyone got a fright there.

If it came to pass it would really make the league competitive as the sides that qualified for Europe would still be governed by the UEFA FFP, so would have to stay within limits.

Last edited:

""Today, the big blow arrived. The Premier League shareholders passed a set of financial regulations for its clubs. These rules, like those set forth by UEFA, also encourage teams to work towards break-even. Beginning with the 2013/14 season, Premier League clubs cannot make a loss in excess of £105 million total across a three season period. Additionally, clubs will be restricted in terms of the amounts of Premier League Central Funds that can be used to increase player wages. This portion of the rules essentially amounts to a soft-salary cap. If the club exceeds the cap then additional wages cost will have to be funded by increased commercial revenues that the club itself made during the season."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back