Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well they did bid, they just didn't bid £60m. We need to sell him to generate funds to buy players to keep us in the division. Gordon's got decent potential, but he won't keep us up and our squad is utterly hopeless. Factor in that we are once more seeming to only look at the rejects of other teams we are trying to compete with, now the end of the window is approaching, and we are bang in trouble.

Should have taken anything over £30m for Gordon imo.

How would 35m help keep us in the divsion though?

We should sell if we get a transformative amount, to help with FFP. The downside though, is the risk that it would probably increase our likelihood of relegation.

We need someone in up front of the stature of Richarlison.

We dont have the firepower up front to get safe as things stand.

We need a defensive midfielder of quality in too.

And we need desperately to keep Gordon, our only truly quality player who could get into any PL team.

It'll be bottom 4/5 all the way through this season without those ALL things happening.
And without ALL those things happening.... Bottom 4/5?

Depends. You'll still see them hire lawyers come contract time, but the ones without significant commercial opportunities can get by without agents.

It's possible that we'll eventually see a two-market system where transfers are rarer and wages are higher for the majority of players, but the top young talents move on fees to get where they want to go. We already have the high-wage system with the superstars, who can largely call their shots with respect to wages and contracts, and rarely move in the prime of their careers.

For now, we're just going to have to deal with the present form of insanity, which we seem to be negotiating pretty well all things considered. Gueye and another good, inexpensive 'in' is probably enough for current purposes. It will be interesting to see whether we can find that piece on loan or not.

You see I think players will sign for a year, prove themselves or not and then put themselves to market the following year, two year deal would come with a wage premium etc - it’s inevitable really.

What we do now is just habit and tradition. Say your Messi or Ronaldo in your prime - why sign a long term contract, it’s not in your interests. Eventually players will cotten on, or a very good agent starts to do it and then a whole host of players will. Agents and legal will still be involved.

Players will move up and down the rungs, take someone like Zaha, moves big young, doesn’t work out, goes back down a rung, improves - can’t get out of a long term deal to a bigger club, Harry Kane similarly - it’s inevitable really in my opinion. All those millions clubs pay each other for registration can be redirected, the player will take ownership of their own registration. I think it’s inevitable,

The players pay insurance in the event of injury - like a leg break and insurance company’s gobble it up, the amount of players paying a premium Vs actual claims means it’s more than viable, that’s how insurance works really. The cost of the premium factored in their wage deal of course.

Last edited:

You see I think players will sign for a year prove myself and put themselves to market the following year, two deal would come with a wage premium etc - it’s inevitable really, what we do now is just habit and tradition. Say your Messi or Ronaldo in your prime - why sign a long term contract, it’s not in your interests. Eventually players will cotten on, or a very good agent starts to do it and then a whole host of players will. Agents and legal will still be involved.

Players will move up and down the rungs, take someone like Zaha, moves big young, doesn’t work out, goes back down a rung, improves - can’t get out of a deal to a bigger club, Harry Kane similarly - it’s inevitable really in my opinion, all those millions clubs pay each other for registration can be redirected, the player will take ownership of their own registration. I think it’s inevitable,
Nar, theres a reason players sign 5 year contracts, the reason is, if they break their leg in season 1, they still get paid for 4 more years.

Contracts are not just the clubs protecting their investment.

And in the case of Zaha, hes not trapped at Palace, he willingly signed a new contract with a bumper pay rise, I think Palace are within their rights to retain him.

Hope t
Not sounding good this one. Not saying it would be my preferred backup but could see us thinking about Januzac instead.

prefer pierra the lad who was at west brom could cover out wide and the attacking mid role. I still wieh that we can see us bring in another cf with garner and gana

We need someone in up front of the stature of Richarlison.

We dont have the firepower up front to get safe as things stand.

We need a defensive midfielder of quality in too.

And we need desperately to keep Gordon, our only truly quality player who could get into any PL team.

It'll be bottom 4/5 all the way through this season without those ALL things happening.
I just don't think we're that bad, Dave. We just need to get off this 30 goal pace and onto a 40 goal one. 40 netted/50 conceded is very consistently midtable in this league, year after year. At 30 we go down. At 35 we're bottom 4/5. At 40 we're midtable, albeit the dodgy variety. Gueye and another attacker to keep us from going to bits in an injury crisis probably gets there.

It's when you score in the low-to-mid thirties, or leak 60+, that you're taking your life into your own hands. Either can relegate you, depending on how the goals distribute. It doesn't much matter if the RS hang nine on you, except when it comes to breaking end-of-season ties. Never keeping a clean sheet matters a lot, because then you need two goals to win every time out.

I just don't think we're that bad, Dave. We just need to get off this 30 goal pace and onto a 40 goal one. 40 netted/50 conceded is very consistently midtable in this league, year after year. At 30 we go down. At 35 we're bottom 4/5. At 40 we're midtable, albeit the dodgy variety. Gueye and another attacker to keep us from going to bits in an injury crisis probably gets there.

It's when you score in the low-to-mid thirties, or leak 60+, that you're taking your life into your own hands. Either can relegate you, depending on how the goals distribute. It doesn't much matter if the RS hang nine on you, except when it comes to breaking end-of-season ties. Never keeping a clean sheet matters a lot, because then you need two goals to win every time out.
As much as I hate us, we arent that far away, from being a 10th place club, in case people think I mean to compete.

The problem is, the spectre of last season still hangs over the club.

We have played 3 games and not got a win, played well at times, but havent done enough, so the ghost of seasons past is still feasting.

We need wins, we need to shake off last season, the longer we go without winning, the longer it will remain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back