Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you feeling alright mate? That is probably the most un- @Zatara thing I've ever seen you post.

Has FB92 guessed Zat’s password!?

lol

Well I'd prefer we brought in 2 U21s with high potential who can show what they can do in bursts over the season.

I'd also be quite excited by someone like Gakpo who looks like Rivaldo in the Eredivisie...bit of a wildcard.

But Zaha would be ok for 3 seasons. Big wages but a stopgap player allowing our youngsters time to adapt and develop.

In a sense...Gana signing is a bit like the Zaha one...id prefer Garner but it makes sense.

Unless we sell Gordon for big money, loans are all we can afford anyway. We've spent the Richarlison money on Onana, McNeil and Maupay.

Any other moderate-to-large expenditure now will have to be paid for by a sale before the end of this accounting period; either Gordon to Chelsea as rumoured, or something next June like Pickford, Dominic Calvert-Lewin or Gordon leaving. My guess would be Dominic Calvert-Lewin.

I think next June Kean brings in £25mil and we'll also see more players out of contract and out the door.

A second sale could be DCL if he can stay fit for most of the season and deliver a high number of goals.

We then finish off the first 11 rebuild using that cash.

lol

Well I'd prefer we brought in 2 U21s with high potential who can show what they can do in bursts over the season.

I'd also be quite excited by someone like Gakpo who looks like Rivaldo in the Eredivisie...bit of a wildcard.

But Zaha would be ok for 3 seasons. Big wages but a stopgap player allowing our youngsters time to adapt and develop.

In a sense...Gana signing is a bit like the Zaha one...id prefer Garner but it makes sense.
It all boils down to finances though.

If we throw £30m at Palace for Zaha, and pay him £125k p/w, we're just repeating the mistakes of the recent past... and if we offer substantially lower in either regard, then how would the deal ever go through?

Palace would have less than 48 hours to replace their primary goalscorer: they won't take a low fee for him.

Zaha will score a huge contract next summer if he lets his contract run down now. Why would he move to us for £60k / £70k / £80k p/w?

Some chap on Twitter has put up a photo of Moshiri in town apparently. Hopefully a sign things are happening. Picture is probably from 5 years ago lol

Actually looks like he’s in London so probably nothing going on and he’s just out for lunch lol
Yeah but he looks like he's going on a Hamilton's Water Break. Not going to be up to much wheeler-dealing.

Water Way to Have a Good Time.

I think next June Kean brings in £25mil and we'll also see more players out of contract and out the door.

A second sale could be Dominic Calvert-Lewin if he can stay fit for most of the season and deliver a high number of goals.

We then finish off the first 11 rebuild using that cash.
That £25m for Kean is, oddly enough, the EXACT sum we were reported to have offered in an attempt to hijack the Morgan Gibbs-White deal...

Doesn't matter how Lampard wants to set-up does it? Red Kev put the system you speak of in place at Wolves and has since put it in place here.

The real clincher is the fact that we've signed Coady, a player so incapable of playing in a back 4, that his club were prepared to let their influential captain move to a rival on loan so they can finally switch system. No eay we do that unless we are sticking with KT's system of choice.
Playing style and tactics go so far beyond formations.

Everton this season play the same formation as Chelsea and Wolves do. Chelsea are the team in the league with most pressures on the attacking third, while Wolves have the fewest.

Many reasons for playing with three central defenders this season. Even more so with the players Everton have available.

Yeah I agree. In answer to the question I'd say both. I've talked about us needing creativity and that conjures up an image of somebody slipping little slide rule balls through etc (which would be great) but really I just mean somebody who will consistently turn promising situations into good chances/goals. I've mentioned it before about Calvert Lewin, that I think he's got so much going for him, but he still lacks that ability to turn half chances into something more. That's not a criticism of him, he offers lots of other things, but it does mean that we're reliant on getting excellent service to him, and we haven't always got the ability to do it. A player with a little bit of maverick ability in one of the attacking positions could make a big difference, whether it's a wide player, a midfielder or a striker.

I think our issue with DCL is he is (or has become) an old fashioned number 9 that relies on wingers.

We had 2 quite modern inverted wingers. Gray lacks the game intelligence to put balls in, and Gordon's game is increasingly around getting shots off. I'm not sure they are a great mix.

Theres an argument that McNeil might be the player who do a bit more of what DCL needs.

Paul Merson says “I said it last week and I’ll say it again, I don’t understand these Anthony Gordon links.

“The kid’s a good player, but the transfer fee mentioned is enormous!

“If I was in charge of Everton and was offered to take Armando Broja or Conor Gallagher as part of a player-plus-cash deal for Gordon, I’d consider it to be the deal of the century and take it!”

That should be enough to convince anyone that we should not consider selling Gordon nor be in for Broja and Gallagher.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back