Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zaha wouldn't leave Palace for us, they're a stronger side than we are now. We missed the boat on Zaha when we went for Bolasie over him.

I wouldn't be surprised if we do go in for Gakpo late on.

How much money is he on there? Hes only got a year on his deal so perhaps fancies a new challenge?

I also wouldnt see them as 'stronger' really...they have a ceiling far below ours.

Some chap on Twitter has put up a photo of Moshiri in town apparently. Hopefully a sign things are happening. Picture is probably from 5 years ago lol

Actually looks like he’s in London so probably nothing going on and he’s just out for lunch lol

Thats positive.

The million dollar question, is do good strikers take more chances, or get more chances.

It's not an easy question to answer, but it dictates a fair bit of how we move forward.

I dont think they miss loads of opportunities though. Or the ones we currently have. Rondon isnt spawning loads if chances, hes just not good enough to get them.
Yeah I agree. In answer to the question I'd say both. I've talked about us needing creativity and that conjures up an image of somebody slipping little slide rule balls through etc (which would be great) but really I just mean somebody who will consistently turn promising situations into good chances/goals. I've mentioned it before about Calvert Lewin, that I think he's got so much going for him, but he still lacks that ability to turn half chances into something more. That's not a criticism of him, he offers lots of other things, but it does mean that we're reliant on getting excellent service to him, and we haven't always got the ability to do it. A player with a little bit of maverick ability in one of the attacking positions could make a big difference, whether it's a wide player, a midfielder or a striker.

H from Steps is gay
Heard he died recently.

MMo2gdP7JieQZq3be-ZtJUVV3-6cScqJoG6o4t2jNoo.jpg

It's getting very late for any permanent deals , feels like after today it's odds on for loans.
Unless we sell Gordon for big money, loans are all we can afford anyway. We've spent the Richarlison money on Onana, McNeil and Maupay.

Any other moderate-to-large expenditure now will have to be paid for by a sale before the end of this accounting period; either Gordon to Chelsea as rumoured, or something next June like Pickford, DCL or Gordon leaving. My guess would be DCL... but if he goes we'd need a new starting CF and if this window is any guide we'll be looking at £40m for anyone of the necessary standard, so we'd be causing ourselves more FFP / P&S headaches if we buy other players now, in advance of that sale.

The McNeil and Maupay transfers look like HUGE gambles, in as much as that's £30m to £35m that might have been able to get us a high-quality starting XI player who could be having an immediate impact.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back