Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
View attachment 181144

A bit of strength & depth compared to last year, but like many worried about the quality and forward line. If only we had a few pennies to get a top winger and striker in, would make the season a lot more interesting.
You aren't the only person who's done this but you are the most recent, so I'll quote your post to make this point.

According to Transfermarkt, in seasons between 2012/13 and today, Maupay has played wide left the exact sum total of twice. In 310 senior games, over a decade.

In that same period, he's played wide right seven times.

In those nine total appearances out wide, Maupay has scored two goals and made zero assists.

He's not - completely, emphatically and unreservedly NOT - a winger.

And because of that, he's not playing out wide left ahead of Gordon or Gray. It would be complete nonsense to move them to positions where they are less effective in order to accommodate someone who is less effective than them at LW.

Maupay will be DCL's backup. if we switch to a system with two up front, he'll start alongside Dominic. Other than that, he's riding the pine.

Looking forward to Thursday

dale-winton-2.jpg
surely Hwang is better than Big Dale Winton?

Alot of talk of another forward and I agree we need another one who can play wide and add goals but more important is some creativity we have very little right now.

I think you're effectively arguing the exact same point that he's making but somehow failing to see it. We get in to good positions but fail to actually create a good chance once we get there, because we lack creativity. That's exactly what goat's saying, and all these stats you're quoting just back it up. I'm not so sure it's as simple as a striker fixing it either, we're not delivering quality into areas only for it to be squandered/nobody gets on the end of it, we're just not producing the quality service for anybody. If anything, I'd say the lack of a striker has helped in that sense, on saturday in particular the fluidity of the front 3 caused Brentford more problems than a bog standard striker would have done, they didn't know who was going to pop up where and it showed.

The million dollar question, is do good strikers take more chances, or get more chances.

It's not an easy question to answer, but it dictates a fair bit of how we move forward.

I dont think they miss loads of opportunities though. Or the ones we currently have. Rondon isnt spawning loads if chances, hes just not good enough to get them.

The million dollar question, is do good strikers take more chances, or get more chances.

It's not an easy question to answer, but it dictates a fair bit of how we move forward.

I dont think they miss loads of opportunities though. Or the ones we currently have. Rondon isnt spawning loads if chances, hes just not good enough to get them.
Good point .

Whilst there is very little creativity there's probably even less movement from our front players.

Chicken and egg. If they move are our midfield good enough to find them.

Sadly we are lacking in quality throughout the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back