Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't like the Buy Back Clause...

Not overly fussed, look at some of the signings Southampton have made with large by backs for city - like signings players for £10m and having buy back for £45m.

If successful, its guaranteed profit, but the club doesn't always have to take the buyback option.

Am not that fussed, if its activated it'll mean he's been a success and we make plenty of money from it.

A buy back clause personally VERY much changes the calculus in relation to us. Investing in his age and current quality is a value proposition. Capping that with a clause is a variable that changes the investment. I hope it's a first refusal clause in possible sell ons oppose to a set number he can be reacquired. Unfortunately it's likely the latter. I guess its wait and see the specifications but ideal. .
depends on the amount and scope of the clause.

if its set at say £40 m and not before summer 2024 I could live with it.

To be frank It's probably why United are persuaded to do the deal with us , cheap and on the drip.

Awful that buyback clause really piss poor deal
Not overly fussed, look at some of the signings Southampton have made with large by backs for city - like signings players for £10m and having buy back for £45m.

If successful, its guaranteed profit, but the club doesn't always have to take the buyback option.

Am not that fussed, if it activated it'll mean he's been a success and we make plenty of money from it.

As per @chazzle_dazzle

Am not that fussed, if its activated it'll mean he's been a success and we make plenty of money from it.
Not necessarily, if say we buy him for 15M and Utd insist on a buy back for 25M that’s only a 10 M profit over maybe a 2 season period, I hate buy backs, they are just glorified loans ?

I have seen a lot of first refusals set at a certain level referred to as a buyback over recent years.

Might be that - which would then make it upto us if we want to sell him.

Not necessarily, if say we buy him for 15M and Utd insist on a buy back for 25M that’s only a 10 M profit over maybe a 2 season period, I hate buy backs, they are just glorified loans ?

I can't see it being that tbh mate, use some of the deals Southampton have done with city this summer for example, that Lavia is it - his buy back is rumoured to be £45m.

I would expect it to be in the same region if its in there.

Gana: Done
Garner: Done
Chukwueze: Tenuous links
Kudus: Refusing to train to force a move (doubt it happens)

no updates on strikers
And this is really the most worrying bit unless we are negotiating extremely hard behind the scenes for someone no one knows about - extremely unlikely as the majority of potentially available strikers have already been sourced. Think I may be spending quite a bit of time listening to/watching Jim White and his yellow tie tomorrow, unfortunately.

Usually they're worse, because the other club just dumped all the risk on you without compensating adequately for it.

Devil is in the details, though. If it's triple, fine, whatever if it gets us over the line right now. Much less and it takes some of the luster off the signing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back