Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
What did we just play the last month?

The man is making it up as he goes.

We seem to have settled on two formations 523 and 433. Often when we’re playing the 523 then Iwobi pushes into midfield when we have the ball and it sometimes looks like a 433 anyway.

Is that not putting a system in place and adapting it for the opposition?

I’m sure once Lampard has had longer than 19 games of a relegation fight and gets his own players in he might start to develop more consistency in selection and tactics but this is just logical common sense isn’t it that most normal people accept.

We seem to have settled on two formations 523 and 433. Often when we’re playing the 523 then Iwobi pushes into midfield when we have the ball and it sometimes looks like a 433 anyway.

I’m sure once Lampard has had longer than 19 games of a relegation fight and gets his own players in he might start to develop more consistency in selection and tactics but this is just logical common sense isn’t it that most normal people accept.

He said very early here, something like he wanted to play with 3 centre back but didn't have the players.

I think the priority beyond a new midfield and center back unit should be replacing the medical team
We don't have one to replace as Benitez sacked them. In any case, its player fitness/conditioning we have an issue with and thats a coaching thing rather than medical one. I have mentioned before that we only seem to have one person working in this area at the club whereas most other top teams have 4 or 5 people.

I think more will leave mate. And unfortunately I suspect DCL/Richarlison will push for it.

Who do you think will leave mate?

I think we might be a bit naieve to sell Richarlison this summer, the World Cup is this winter, he’s going to be part of Brazils front three, 10s of millions of free marketing and the perfect stage to raise his profile, I’m not sure he’s topped out on his value to us - thinink it may be canny to hang onto him until after the World Cup, possibly via a pay rise this year on the understanding he could go next summer.

This didn't really happen.

I get it, the pressure was on so he couldn't do anything else. I'm happy to let you all believe that. I do not.

Who do you think will leave mate?

I think we might be a bit naieve to sell Richarlison this summer, the World Cup is this winter, he’s going to be part of Brazils front three, 10s of millions of free marketing and the perfect stage to raise his profile, I’m not sure he’s topped out on his value to us - thinink it may be canny to hang onto him until after the World Cup, possibly via a pay rise this year on the understanding he could go next summer.
Richarlison being a part of Brazil's lineup is a lot less nailed on than people keep making it out to be.

Honestly if he doesn't play well early next year his spot in the squad is far from secure I'd say.

Be surprised myself mate. He’s put in the hard yards. All opinions mind.
What helps him is Brazil don't have a true #9 and he can do it. He's also played the right well for them. But for me I can't really see how he starts on the left at this point. I don't really know what they'll do but I don't think he has to play.

We need money at any rate so if the offer comes it has to be taken.

What helps him is Brazil don't have a true #9 and he can do it. He's also played the right well for them. But for me I can't really see how he starts on the left at this point. I don't really know what they'll do but I don't think he has to play.

We need money at any rate so if the offer comes it has to be taken.

Im fairly confident he will be part of Brazil mate, he’s given a lot and put in the hard yards in this cycle, but we’l see.

It’s a hold for me, for the reasons I’ve said, i know we don’t agree, you know my negotiation numbers! lol

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.