Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Id admit, he had a stop, start second season syndrome via a chronic illness and injury, but Ive rated him even before we signed him. TBH I think he’s ideal in a back three particularly covering a full back, he has the recovery pace, physicality, presence and skills. High hopes for him next season, he looked the part year 1.
I worry that he has about as much brains, positioning and aerial conviction as Holgate, not sure it’s curable.

Weve just put 75% of the squad on eBay and are waiting for bids

Next step is opening an account on transfers.com and filtering to "good"
Just tried filtering to "very good". Unfortunately that puts everyone out of reach wages-wise. Wait a minute. No, there is one player here who hasn't been filtered out.

XqkV69l.png

Reckon far too much importance is thrown at starting formations and how the eleven line up on paper with the way the game is played these days.. Most teams have different shapes for each phase of the game (in possession, out of possession, and in transition - broadly speaking) and there's a whole host of analysis on how the likes of Liverpool and City build from the back with 3 (using lopsided fullback positions or dropping the DM between the CBs). I saw an article once where a player talked about how, within a single game, Man City would be likely to use 4 or 5 different configurations while trying to break down teams under Guardiola. I think it only makes sense that you want your squad to be adaptable to at least a few different systems in order to be able to make a difference tactically and to give the opposition more difficulty.

As for Lampard, having followed him closely at Chelsea, one measure I definitely felt was that he liked to revert to the back 3 whenever we faced big teams or if we wanted to match up with an opponent using a back 3. I don't think it made us any less potent on the ball and I vividly remember dominating Spurs (twice), United, and Arsenal amongst other teams using that system in his first season.

Reckon far too much importance is thrown at starting formations and how the eleven line up on paper with the way the game is played these days.. Most teams have different shapes for each phase of the game (in possession, out of possession, and in transition - broadly speaking) and there's a whole host of analysis on how the likes of Liverpool and City build from the back with 3 (using lopsided fullback positions or dropping the DM between the CBs). I saw an article once where a player talked about how, within a single game, Man City would be likely to use 4 or 5 different configurations while trying to break down teams under Guardiola. I think it only makes sense that you want your squad to be adaptable to at least a few different systems in order to be able to make a difference tactically and to give the opposition more difficulty.

As for Lampard, having followed him closely at Chelsea, one measure I definitely felt was that he liked to revert to the back 3 whenever we faced big teams or if we wanted to match up with an opponent using a back 3. I don't think it made us any less potent on the ball and I vividly remember dominating Spurs (twice), United, and Arsenal amongst other teams using that system in his first season.
We also played that way when we had Gareth Barry. He often dropped into the defence when the full backs pushed up.
Now we just need a midfielder who is comfortable dropping back.

Chelsea perspective on Colwill - he's already got more plaudits than Guehi and Tomori have with their Championship loans. Really looks the part too with the frame and athleticism but I think the fact that Chelsea are short at the CB position heading into the new season makes it a bit more difficult. Also can't see the club willing to put in a clause for a permanent for the same reason even if it was to be a loan.

I've seen more of Tomori and Guehi playing but Colwill definitely has had more appreciation/potential at his age seemingly - Article on inclusion in Goal's nxgn list

Chelsea perspective on Colwill - he's already got more plaudits than Guehi and Tomori have with their Championship loans. Really looks the part too with the frame and athleticism but I think the fact that Chelsea are short at the CB position heading into the new season makes it a bit more difficult. Also can't see the club willing to put in a clause for a permanent for the same reason even if it was to be a loan.

I've seen more of Tomori and Guehi playing but Colwill definitely has had more appreciation/potential at his age seemingly - Article on inclusion in Goal's nxgn list
Also this Chelsea takeover would delay any transfer for a long time.

Also this Chelsea takeover would delay any transfer for a long time.
There was a fair bit of noise today that the takeover would be completed this week (supposedly the next few days). So, I reckon that obstacle won't pose a problem much longer.. But really, having watched Everton play this season - I reckon the other need is for one of the Chelsea midfielders (Gallagher would probably be the most ideal fit in terms of characteristics). Interested to see who Lampard has in his sights for the CM position.

What helps him is Brazil don't have a true #9 and he can do it. He's also played the right well for them. But for me I can't really see how he starts on the left at this point. I don't really know what they'll do but I don't think he has to play.

We need money at any rate so if the offer comes it has to be taken.

Have no idea what Thelwell thinks of him, but given the complete financial failure of the club, you'd think an offer ~£60m comes in this summer and he's off.

100% Nailed On.

Vault me.

Pretty much everyone else can see this.
The Brazilian coach loves him.

Not your typical Brazilian attacker in terms of work rate, aerial prowess, defensive side, aggression, ability to win frees when not in the royal blue - he gives them something very different. I think Tite really likes the balance that Richie gives them.

Status
Not open for further replies.