Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Agree - and I think we actually need a couple of players who can play as the number 6 as one injury leaves us stranded

Like the idea of Gilmour as he can play as the 8 or as the 6 particularly in games where we will have more of the ball (you'd like to think that might actually happen next season), but think we also need another more defensively minded holding player
Is this lad robust enough though. Got great potential. But not sure he can cope with the physicality of the prem.

Why would West Ham sign Keane for 10-15million?
When they can get Tarkowski on a free
Makes no sense. At Top 7 team playing another season in Europe deciding to strengthen their defense with arguably on the worst cb in the league. Countless mistakes and part of defense that has shipped a dreadful 66 goals this season.

Wouldn't be surprised if we give Delph a short contract on reduced terms. Lampard seemed to trust him over all the midfielders when the chips were down and may try to offload Allan and Doucoure who he happily dropped at various times.

Clearly we need a huge overhaul of the squad with centre back, midfield and striker all needed to be filled.

Can see us and Man U being the busiest sides in this summer window. Both have huge amounts of deadwood to get rid of.

Wouldn't be surprised if we give Delph a short contract on reduced terms. Lampard seemed to trust him over all the midfielders when the chips were down and may try to offload Allan and Doucoure who he happily dropped at various times.

Clearly we need a huge overhaul of the squad with centre back, midfield and striker all needed to be filled.

Can see us and Man U being the busiest sides in this summer window. Both have huge amounts of deadwood to get rid of.
We could offer him a pay as you play. Im sure he will look forward to his first pay packet in January.

It’s important to note that, despite playing for Watford and being Brazilian, he is not the second coming of Richarlison. £15m is only a bargain if he isn’t crap.
15 mill was a safeguard put in by the agents if HIS team was crap & he wanted his career to progress ( staying in the prem) as opposed to regressing ( relegated to the championship) , I get the whole “ oh he plays for Watford oh he’s Brazilian” however he has the same attributes to Rico, I just think for that type of price he’d be a welcome addition & another option.

Mentioned this before. Chelsea i feel will have a fire sale.
They have like 10m players. The new loan rules means they can only loan out 8 this season. There is no way they can afford to bring all the players back and pay them.
Plus they are about to be bought by an investment group. They will run a different model, as they will want profits.

The new loan rules arent any where close as restrictive as you suggest. Yes there will be a cap of 8 but..

The cap does not apply to players aged 21 and under, or players who are “club trained” – so those who have been with either their current club or another in the same national association for at least three years between the ages of 15-21. These are usually referred to in the Premier League as “homegrown” players.

This season the number of players Chelsea had out on loan was 24 ironically only 7 would have counted toward the cap.

Chelsea have been moving away from huge numbers of loans for a while and whilst 20+ still seems a vast number Chelsea tend to loan academy players out to see how where and how the develop whereas some club see PL2 as a better development step.

As an aside I think you will find that Chelsea’s 129 staff associated with team management players etc is maybe less than Everton’s numbers ( as per accounts )

Free’s, loans, low release clause fees. We have to save ourself financially before the stadium arrives.
Yep, that or sell all three of Pickford, Richarlison and DCL and use about half the money to rebuild the squad. Scary prospect.

15 mill was a safeguard put in by the agents if HIS team was crap & he wanted his career to progress ( staying in the prem) as opposed to regressing ( relegated to the championship) , I get the whole “ oh he plays for Watford oh he’s Brazilian” however he has the same attributes to Rico, I just think for that type of price he’d be a welcome addition & another option.
I know what a relegation release clause is, mate!!

I remember watching the game for Watford in the Championship in which he got his first goal for them and thinking "he looks good", but since - and I don't profess to have watched many full games - I've only ever seen him come off the bench to little effect or just generally not look great.

He could be a promising player in a crap team, in which case £15m is probably reasonable, but my overriding feeling is he'd be another "cheap" signing that ends up not being cheap because he's garbage and we can't shift him.

Status
Not open for further replies.