Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
We really have become a players pension fund or retirement home over the years. Hopefully that stops this summer.

It has to do, buying in younger players should help with that - as should the removal of the group on massive wages who at best are fringe players (Gomes, Tosun, Iceland, et al)

It has to do, buying in younger players should help with that - as should the removal of the group on massive wages who at best are fringe players (Gomes, Tosun, Iceland, et al)
Would love to see Gomes go but not sure it's going to happen. He'd be much happier strolling around in the Spanish or Portuguese leagues. He's too good looking to play here.

Joao Palhinha is one that’s been mentioned that’s supposed to be a promising player. At the other end of the spectrum, there is Axel Witsel on a free but he’s 33.

He turns 27 in about 6 weeks, I'm not sure you can use the word "promising" with him

Defensive midfield is the ultimate key position for me this season. Since Gana left our defence has just been left to the wolves every game.

Agree - and I think we actually need a couple of players who can play as the number 6 as one injury leaves us stranded

Like the idea of Gilmour as he can play as the 8 or as the 6 particularly in games where we will have more of the ball (you'd like to think that might actually happen next season), but think we also need another more defensively minded holding player

Agree - and I think we actually need a couple of players who can play as the number 6 as one injury leaves us stranded

Like the idea of Gilmour as he can play as the 8 or as the 6 particularly in games where we will have more of the ball (you'd like to think that might actually happen next season), but think we also need another more defensively minded holding player
We could probably do with two holding midfielders, at least if Allan and Delph go - no-one else can do it. Perhaps one prospect and one more experienced.

He turns 27 in about 6 weeks, I'm not sure you can use the word "promising" with him

I meant promising in the sense of has everything we seem to need, shouldn’t cost the World and isn’t that much of a work in progress.

Let’s face it, we may have to gamble on younger players in the next year or two in the hope that they develop into what we want them to be whereas it seems like this lad has already shown he has it which to my mind is “promising” haha

Guess it comes down to if Tuchel is willing to play an 18/19yo cb with no top level experience mate or if he's just gonna buy in ready made starters.

Tuchel to me doesn't seem like a manager whose gonna take any short term risks in the aim of the long term benefit.
He put Chalobah in this season ahead and sold Guehi & Tomori instead!

Status
Not open for further replies.