Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chelsea perspective on Colwill - he's already got more plaudits than Guehi and Tomori have with their Championship loans. Really looks the part too with the frame and athleticism but I think the fact that Chelsea are short at the CB position heading into the new season makes it a bit more difficult. Also can't see the club willing to put in a clause for a permanent for the same reason even if it was to be a loan.

I've seen more of Tomori and Guehi playing but Colwill definitely has had more appreciation/potential at his age seemingly - Article on inclusion in Goal's nxgn list
I just dont understand why Chelsea would entertain any offers for someone like Colwill when they are already under critisism for the form of Tomori & Guehi, possibly selling to early, the succesful transition of Chalobah to the first team aswell as Christianson & Rudiger leaving.
If im right that only leaves Chelsea (who play a back 3) with Chalobah, Silva, Sarr and possibly azzpiculetta. With other loan returns like Clarke Salter, Miazga & Ampadu all below Colwill's level. It seems strange they would even want to listen to offers

I just dont understand why Chelsea would entertain any offers for someone like Colwill when they are already under critisism for the form of Tomori & Guehi, possibly selling to early, the succesful transition of Chalobah to the first team aswell as Christianson & Rudiger leaving.
If im right that only leaves Chelsea (who play a back 3) with Chalobah, Silva, Sarr and possibly azzpiculetta. With other loan returns like Clarke Salter, Miazga & Ampadu all below Colwill's level. It seems strange they would even want to listen to offers

Mentioned this before. Chelsea i feel will have a fire sale.
They have like 10m players. The new loan rules means they can only loan out 8 this season. There is no way they can afford to bring all the players back and pay them.
Plus they are about to be bought by an investment group. They will run a different model, as they will want profits.

So Saturday is the deadline for our retain/release list to be submitted. I would have expected to see some movement on anybody we're keeping by now, so.... So long JonJoe Kenny, The invisible man, Fabian Delph, Cenk Tosun! Anyone I'm missing?

Guess it comes down to if Tuchel is willing to play an 18/19yo cb with no top level experience mate or if he's just gonna buy in ready made starters.

Tuchel to me doesn't seem like a manager whose gonna take any short term risks in the aim of the long term benefit.

Those numbers are mostly realistic but I think Lonergan would be surprised to hear he’s on 40k a week. Be amazed if he was making that a month.
In that case hopefully we'll be much better off than this season with FFP. What an amount to be spending on players that barely play for us.

Joao Palhinha is one that’s been mentioned that’s supposed to be a promising player. At the other end of the spectrum, there is Axel Witsel on a free but he’s 33.

These figures seem to be the rough consensus.

£26m a year in wages for seven players. Those seven players have made less than forty appearances this season COMBINED.

Then consider Mina and Gomes... Another £11m per year in wages for the two of them, but fewer than 30 games combined.

There's more than one reason we're in dire financial straits.
Can only hope we're in a much better position financially come September when we've shifted a few on.

Defensive midfield is the ultimate key position for me this season. Since Gana left our defence has just been left to the wolves every game.

Just how bad we are at that position and the effect it has was illustrated by when a pretty washed up and crocked Delph played there we actually looked semi decent at the back, now that's scary on how bad the position has been for us that he can have that effect

Status
Not open for further replies.