Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

How does signing Ivan Toney do that?

Not saying we should, but selling DCL creates an instant large profit, signing Toney the fee would be spread across several years. Accounts wise.

So, in make believe world, Sale = £60m profit. Purchase on a 5 year deal = minus £12m on the accounts.

You are welcome.

Apart from the fact this is untrue, you are right......
It might depend on where you look. I've checked a second site that has it a bit different. The gap is closer than you would think. But the gap between their abilities is vast. Which is really the whole point here, that one number doesn't tell the whole story. It isn't a controversial take.

Not saying we should, but selling DCL creates an instant large profit, signing Toney the fee would be spread across several years. Accounts wise.

So, in make believe world, Sale = £60m profit. Purchase on a 5 year deal = minus £12m on the accounts.

You are welcome.
Ok so financially it makes sense I guess. But we also have to account for the part where Ivan Toney is 26 and not very good. Which to me means we are going to have financial issues regarding him down the road.

Ok so financially it makes sense I guess. But we also have to account for the part where Ivan Toney is 26 and not very good. Which to me means we are going to have financial issues regarding him down the road.

Well thats a different matter. You asked how the deal would work well, financially. I havnt a clue if he is any good, cos I dont watch Brentford play.

Status
Not open for further replies.