Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
We can also talk about it. Which is what the point of the forum is imo.

It is easy to criticize ideas when you don't have any to offer in return. I'm well aware we're just shooting the breeze but still it'd be nice if you could make fun of me because you thought different not because you think nothing.
Ok bruh.

First of all I dont know how we will set up.

But lets assume Fronk "wins" and we strive for a 4-3-3.

Goalkeepers (2)
Jordan Pickford (HG)
Asmir Begović (HG) *

Right Backs (2)
Séamus Coleman
Nathan Patterson (UA)

Left Backs (2)
Vitaliy Mykolenko
Niels Nkounkou

Centre Backs (5)
Yerry Mina
Michael Keane (HG)
Mason Holgate (HG)
Ben Godfrey (HG)
Jarrad Branthwaite (UA)

Midfield (6)
Allan
Dele Alli (HG)
André Gomes
Abdoulaye Doucouré
Tom Davies (HG)
Jean-Philippe Gbamin

Wide Forwards (5)
Richarlison
Andros Townsend (HG)
Demarai Gray (HG)
Anthony Gordon (HG)
Alex Iwobi (HG)

Strikers (2)
Dominic Calvert-Lewin (HG)
Salomón Rondón

Theres the squad, so lets play 4-3-3 with those players :

Pickford
Patterson - Keane - Mina - Myko
Allan
Doucs - Iwobi
Gordon - DCL - Richy
Now, you tell me who doesnt work, then we take it from there, if you say all of them, I will ask 1 of the mods how much money it would take to ban you.

Guehi and Anderson are decent centre halves that will get better, €40M quite heavy for the pair of them.
Edouard, Will Hughes and Mateta pretty meh... probably not going to be top half players for 30M for the lot...
Olise really good value at 8M or so.

I think its decent business for them to be honest... not spectacular but pretty sensible.

I think we can do better...
I think Mateta is a great player, I would love it if we signed him.

Ok bruh.

Goalkeepers (2)
Jordan Pickford (HG)
Asmir Begović (HG) *

Right Backs (2)
Séamus Coleman
Nathan Patterson (UA)

Left Backs (2)
Vitaliy Mykolenko
Niels Nkounkou

Centre Backs (5)
Yerry Mina
Michael Keane (HG)
Mason Holgate (HG)
Ben Godfrey (HG)
Jarrad Branthwaite (UA)

Midfield (6)
Allan
Dele Alli (HG)
André Gomes
Abdoulaye Doucouré
Tom Davies (HG)
Jean-Philippe Gbamin

Wide Forwards (5)
Richarlison
Andros Townsend (HG)
Demarai Gray (HG)
Anthony Gordon (HG)
Alex Iwobi (HG)

Strikers (2)
Salomón Rondón

Pickford
Allan
Doucs - Iwobi
Gordon - DCL - Richy
Now, you tell me who doesnt work, then we take it from there, if you say all of them, I will ask 1 of the mods how much money it would take to ban you.

For me we have struggled for creativity in the final third this season we need to remedy that and as influential as Coleman is in the dressing room, I think he needs to be replaced within the squad. I’m also not convinced Allan is a real ball winner that we need in the DM role. I also don’t feel Rondon is a suitable understudy for DCL and we cannot rely on Mina, he’s too brittle.

Given our budget we probably won’t be able to fix all these issues. For me I would prioritise a DM a creative CM and a replacement for Mina.

Ok bruh.

Goalkeepers (2)
Jordan Pickford (HG)
Asmir Begović (HG) *

Right Backs (2)
Séamus Coleman
Nathan Patterson (UA)

Left Backs (2)
Vitaliy Mykolenko
Niels Nkounkou

Centre Backs (5)
Yerry Mina
Michael Keane (HG)
Mason Holgate (HG)
Ben Godfrey (HG)
Jarrad Branthwaite (UA)

Midfield (6)
Allan
Dele Alli (HG)
André Gomes
Abdoulaye Doucouré
Tom Davies (HG)
Jean-Philippe Gbamin

Wide Forwards (5)
Richarlison
Andros Townsend (HG)
Demarai Gray (HG)
Anthony Gordon (HG)
Alex Iwobi (HG)

Strikers (2)
Salomón Rondón

Pickford
Allan
Doucs - Iwobi
Gordon - DCL - Richy
That entire post has tickled me. The amount of 'arsedness' involved in making a point from an opinion is another level. ;)

Cornet from Burnley looks a dangerous player from the games I watched. These are the type we need to be chasing before they really make a name for themselves.
I dont see what the fuss is about with him

From what ive sesn, Nathan Collins is their best player by a mile...and also so young his value should increase.

For me we have struggled for creativity in the final third this season we need to remedy that and as influential as Coleman is in the dressing room, I think he needs to be replaced within the squad. I’m also not convinced Allan is a real ball winner that we need in the DM role. I also don’t feel Rondon is a suitable understudy for DCL and we cannot rely on Mina, he’s too brittle.

Given our budget we probably won’t be able to fix all these issues. For me I would prioritise a DM a creative CM and a replacement for Mina.
If we only signed a CB + DM + CM who were all U23 but starters with serious potential id be pretty happy.

Sounds a lot like the lad we had these never played and ended up on loan at Barnsley or somewhere then left!

Or was he Anderson?

On the last page or so i stuck a couple of youtube videos and a report on him up.

Been very impressive in Italy.

Genuine question; which ones do you think were miss? (No looking on the Palace forums before you answerlol)

Your own youth plaher Mitchell's looked good since I asked you about him a year ago.

A few pages ago, someone posted stats on Gallagher which showes he seemed to tail off 2nd half of the season...goals/assists totally dropped off.

Is that how it looked to you in terms of performance level?

Ok bruh.

Goalkeepers (2)
Jordan Pickford (HG)
Asmir Begović (HG) *

Right Backs (2)
Séamus Coleman
Nathan Patterson (UA)

Left Backs (2)
Vitaliy Mykolenko
Niels Nkounkou

Centre Backs (5)
Yerry Mina
Michael Keane (HG)
Mason Holgate (HG)
Ben Godfrey (HG)
Jarrad Branthwaite (UA)

Midfield (6)
Allan
Dele Alli (HG)
André Gomes
Abdoulaye Doucouré
Tom Davies (HG)
Jean-Philippe Gbamin

Wide Forwards (5)
Richarlison
Andros Townsend (HG)
Demarai Gray (HG)
Anthony Gordon (HG)
Alex Iwobi (HG)

Strikers (2)
Salomón Rondón

Pickford
Allan
Doucs - Iwobi
Gordon - DCL - Richy
What is the question exactly?

Midfield is the correct answer, by far. No area of the park came out of last season with much credit but when you have a midfield that struggles to a) retain the ball b) create quality chances or c) win the ball back before it reaches the defenders it is going to make all the other areas look worse.

I’m not saying our defenders or attackers are brilliant but our attackers spent all season feeding off scraps and the defenders spent all season under pressure from a midfield that couldn’t retain or win the ball often enough. Sort the midfield and it will benefit all departments.
Would give you ten likes for this if I could. Could have had prime Ronaldo upfront last season instead of Richie and Cannavaro at the back instead of Keane and we’d still have struggled to score and conceded by the bucket load.

Midfield is the biggest issue we have by a mile, focus all energies on complete overhaul and even if we did no other business in other areas of the pitch we’d still be far better next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back