Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
I honestly can't think of a recent Palace signing that has been an outright disaster the way some Everton signings have been.
Even if they have signed some flops, they’ve not been anywhere near the hugely expensive flops in terms of transfer fee and wages paid that we have.

Did you see the league table for total squad wages to predicted league position? Based on wages paid our predicted position was 8th and we finished 16th. It stuck out like a sore thumb against all the other teams wage spend and predicted position. That’s achieved through seasons of overpaying. Terrible.

Even if they have signed some flops, they’ve not been anywhere near the hugely expensive flops in terms of transfer fee and wages paid that we have.

Did you see the league table for total squad wages to predicted league position? Based on wages paid our predicted position was 8th and we finished 16th. It stuck out like a sore thumb against all the other teams wage spend and predicted position. That’s achieved through seasons of overpaying. Terrible.
You have to go back to Sakho and Sorloth for really bad flops I think

Looks a bizarre link. 17th in serie A?
At the same time it is probably exactly the kind of signing we SAY we want. Young, on the way up, but not so proven the big boys are already in for him and his price is inflated.

In truth we probably won't like those kind of signings based on first rumor because they aren't the proven commodities we wish we could sign. The reality is the proven commodities, even the young ones, will either be too expensive or headed for clubs with European football. (If they are consensus "can't fail" prospects then we probably are not signing them)

The hope is our scouting department doesn't suck and that we grow to love the players they identify.

For the young ones I would worry less about how their team finished and more about how they contributed their current club, how they would fit in our system and how we plan to develop them. In this case it seems this lad is perhaps a key as to why they are in Serie A next year and not Serie B.

At this point we need some out of left field signings that come good.

We have to allow for wages spent on unavailable players. Sig, Tosun, Delph and hate to say it Mina and DCL for the majority of the season. Especially the first as not playing due to none injury reasons.

Would give you ten likes for this if I could. Could have had prime Ronaldo upfront last season instead of Richie and Cannavaro at the back instead of Keane and we’d still have struggled to score and conceded by the bucket load.

Midfield is the biggest issue we have by a mile, focus all energies on complete overhaul and even if we did no other business in other areas of the pitch we’d still be far better next season.
The fact that Lampard brought two midfielders in shows he knows that’s the position we need to strengthen.
Unfortunately he never had the time to try and see if they had the tools to play the way he wants.
I have no doubts that we will see at least two midfielders brought in this summer.
If we manage to play the possession he wants then he may feel the overhaul of defenders is not as much of a priority.

Tarkowski 18th in Premier League ?‍♂️
It’s not impossible for him to be a find. The club usually flit between Serie B and Serie C.

He must have moved from Brazil and joined a club at the bottom of the league.

I have no idea if he is any good but he joined a club with with no real pedigree. Just seemed odd.

It’s not impossible for him to be a find. The club usually flit between Serie B and Serie C.

He must have moved from Brazil and joined a club at the bottom of the league.

I have no idea if he is any good but he joined a club with with no real pedigree. Just seemed odd.
He is a 22 year old DM who only played 15 games and his numbers are actually pretty decent for those games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back