Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lampard gave Broja his debut so I’m sure he will be interested, Gallagher seems an obvious choice too. I’d imagine 1 loan, 1 Purchase.

Broja really struggled in the second half of the season though. Maybe better options available. I wonder if we open talks with Jovic again?

Hopefully a cheeky Lukaku loan is in the works ??‍♂️
Kean + DCL + Mina + Keane are our budget.

When folk here were going crazy in Jan about us selling Digne I commented that, from the reverse perspective, if we were signing a 28 year old left back on 6 figures a week and a 29 year old injury prone Barca reject on megabucks, we’d be complaining that no lessons had been learned from our recent problems. And now it seems Villa are potentially carrying on that policy into the summer too.

It’s short-termism and we know the pitfalls of that. Realistically, what is their short-term goal? The top teams with higher revenue are spending as much or more so cracking the top 4 is more remote than ever. Even Europa is unlikely, conference at a push, and would that balance out this enormous burden they are putting on wages for players with little sell-on value?

It’s depressing to have to be realistic about things, for them or us, but we’ve seen ourselves what happens when you pile too much into unlikely short-term goals.
Its a closed shop now.
Along with the 5 substitute rule, its going to be basically impossible to break through and do something special!
Big club squads will be bigger now as more players will get playing time.
Its not just what they spend, players know its a closed shop also so they need to be at one of the big big clubs to achieve anything.
I saw that kid City have bought got 6 goals for River Plate last night! All these lads are getting hoovered up!

I’ve always liked him, felt he was wasted under Bruce and didn’t really play under Howe that much. Always had pace and skill, just needs to put it together and increase his end product.

Won't happen, never really has, and never will be in a top league.....Headless chicken and at 28....he should already be the player he is supposed to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back