Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolutely loving watching Villa do an Everton and spurge lots of money on ageing players with no resale value. Gerrard will ruin them.

Fingers crossed on Sunday Forest lose so we can get Johnson.

I used to want Leeds to not get promoted and we'd sign Calvin Phillips. I think Johnson looks the real deal. So nailed on he goes to Brighton or similar!

Absolutely loving watching Villa do an Everton and spurge lots of money on ageing players with no resale value. Gerrard will ruin them.

Fingers crossed on Sunday Forest lose so we can get Johnson.
I’m loving all the media wetting themselves about ‘Steven Gerrard’s revolution’ when what they’re doing is spending big to put a bunch of near 30 year olds on mega wages.

Reminds me of the glorious Koeman/Walsh revolution.

I’d quite like Forest to get promoted but also would like that Johnson in yeah

It can but it won’t. Plus Alli was once a top player and Gray has never been so they aren’t the same anyway.
Yeah it defo wont hit £40m. Especially since he only has 2 years left on his contract and we are nowhere near paying the first £10m yet.
If it got anywhere near that figure, than you can be sure he will have been worth every penny.

Ok breaking this down, Gray yes I could see a team willing to pay 10m for him (maybe) Kean yes also as we have the contact done on selling him - but I'm guessing Juve want a lower fee to buy him early taking advantage of us needing cash now - they ain't simply paying us early as they want him - quite the opposite they want him gone. Keane - possible also we can sell for that fee.

But...

Gbamin - nobody is paying anything fir a player with his injury record, we effectively had to pay nearly all his wages and received no loan fee to get him out in January.

Mina - last year if his contract, horrible injury record and huge wages, nobody will buy him they'd take him on loan but anyone willing to risk him will wait twelve months and get him for nothing to mitigate the financial risk.

Allan, big wages, 31 and starting to pick up knocks, last year of his contract too I think, again nobody is paying any substantial fee at this point.

In summary we'd like to get rid of them all bring in about 40m as a realistic estimate, we'd also maybe receive 5m in loan fees BUT be subsidizing 30-50% of those players wages (Allan, Mina, Gbamin)

And that's by letting go nominally both starting center backs, a starting cm, and a winger who pretty much starts or comes on as first choice every game in Gray.

Only way letting these go and being able to replace is if we also cash in on say DCL or Richy to allow incomings.

More sensible is you keep Mina and pray he stays fit, only sell Gray IF you get in someone like Johnson first.

We get shut before we replace we could end up with a situation where we end up having to panic buy in plsyers of similar quality we just let go in order to not have 14 players at the start of the season.

I think we have to hope Newcastle do something stupid, like offering 25m for Gray. In honesty, in our position, a stupid bid for DCL/Godfrey would have to be considered.

The rest I agree. Nobody is paying us 10m and Mina 6m a season given his injury record. Keane to West Ham at a nominal fee may happen (remember he had a good partnership with Zouma). But we are getting nothing but loan money for Gomes at best.

It comes to a point, where for guys like Allan/Mina, you may be best keeping them for their experience, and hoping to resolve some of Minas problems.

If we can loan a Chelsea player like Gallacher, Tarkowski on a free, and pick up another domestic loan (from perhaps City) we dont have a huge outlay, and will have reduced the wage bill

It should all balance out at around £70mil imo.

@bluestevon wrote "Only way letting these go and being able to replace is if we also cash in on say DCL or Richy to allow incomings."

Why sell them? No need unless they ask to go or its a mega fee.

Weve got the amortization for previous transfsrs off the budget (Sigurdsson, Tosun, Delph) and their wages (Kenny/Lonergan as well). Players out will generate the fees + wage savings as well.

If the goal is solely to break even on incoming/outgoing fees/wages this should be quite easy providing we sell those players I listed.

It should all balance out at around £70mil imo.

@bluestevon wrote "Only way letting these go and being able to replace is if we also cash in on say DCL or Richy to allow incomings."

Why sell them? No need unless they ask to go or its a mega fee.

Weve got the amortization for previous transfsrs off the budget (Sigurdsson, Tosun, Delph) and their wages (Kenny/Lonergan as well). Players out will generate the fees + wage savings as well.

If the goal is solely to break even on incoming/outgoing fees/wages this should be quite easy providing we sell those players I listed.
you did a list?

must of missed that

Indeed.

I suppose the bigger picture is though, we don’t have 30pence, never mind £30mill

I think we have spending restrictions, as opposed to a lack of cash. I think there is still some wriggle room as well.

30 million for Lewis-Potter sounds good to me, the lad is going to be class.

Everton are interested in Hull City winger Keane Lewis-Potter. The 21 year old is rated at around £30M. Director Of Football Kevin Thelwell and Frank Lampard are targeting ‘young and hungry’ players to refresh the Everton squad
All for buying younger players but not near those fees. That's 2/3 of our record outlay for an unknown.

It's going to be very difficult to get value for money from domestic transfers so if that's what our strategy is built on, we'll struggle.

There is better value to be had and equally good if not better players, but we have to have a global scouting structure in place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back