Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
12 months left on his contract, guessing if they don't come up they won't be able to afford to offer the wages they'd need to get him to stay
oh hes defo leaving if they stay down. Such a talent. Only reason i want forest to stay down so we can poach.

Otherwise i think hell give forest a season and then move, either on a free or for a few mill after signing an extension this summer.

Cornet? Just because he scored against us doesn't mean he's any good.

It's not even as though he's a bright young exciting prospect.

If we splash a chunk of our money on him it's debatable if he improves us.

Currently we have:

Richarlison
Gray
Gordon

As primerily left sided forwards/wingers. We don't need another unless we sell 2 of the above. Possible, but unlikely.

The right side is a far more pressing requirement. Townsend is injured, may not fully recover and the soon to depart El Ghazi. If we're spending Cornet money get Sarr from Watford (younger, just) or find someone from outside the UK.

I was being sarcastic , I don’t want us to sign players from relagated teams , we have signed many in the recent years and also a lot from lower prem teams and that’s why we are now playing like one

Palhinha - defensive midfielder for Sporting Lisbon - https://www.footballfancast.com/eve...-gossip-news-update-efc-goodison-park-toffees

About to turn 27, and Sporting want £21m. I've only ever seen him for Portugal, but he does seem like exactly the DM profile we need. Fee is an issue with our financial constraints, but I wonder if there is any negotiation with El Bobble reporting that Sporting are trying to sign Joao Virginia after a successful loan, and Andre Gomes has previously been linked with them as well...

Anyone remember Matheu Pereira, playmaker for WBA last season, scored 11 PL goals and 6 assists.

Currently playing for Al Hilal in Saudi and had a very good season by all account's.

Could be worth a look?

We are begging for creativity and a diverse creative attacking midfielder who can play at 10 and on both flanks.

I wonder if Buendia may become available on loan.

You’re forgetting Gana, another massive success. Rich signed from Watford, so if you’re going to complain about Bolasie from Palace, you should count Rich from Watford. Half the crap players you mentioned were from one Wigan team due to Martinez, and McCarthy was great until he started getting hurt.

There are good players on bad teams. There are crap players on good teams. You could just as easily make a list of garbage we took off teams higher in the table. It’s about finding the right individuals regardless of where they are.

I actually forgot about gana … he was probably our most successful signing in recent years since lukaku .

Richy came in I agree … but I don’t rate him very highly .

But even taking them two into account , you can throw Townsend into the crap signings pile too.

And even with Richy and gana in the “good” pile . That’s 3 player including Pickford out of a bunch of about 12 that have not been good enough. So about a 25% success rate when buying from crap teams

Ok breaking this down, Gray yes I could see a team willing to pay 10m for him (maybe) Kean yes also as we have the contact done on selling him - but I'm guessing Juve want a lower fee to buy him early taking advantage of us needing cash now - they ain't simply paying us early as they want him - quite the opposite they want him gone. Keane - possible also we can sell for that fee.

But...

Gbamin - nobody is paying anything fir a player with his injury record, we effectively had to pay nearly all his wages and received no loan fee to get him out in January.

Mina - last year if his contract, horrible injury record and huge wages, nobody will buy him they'd take him on loan but anyone willing to risk him will wait twelve months and get him for nothing to mitigate the financial risk.

Allan, big wages, 31 and starting to pick up knocks, last year of his contract too I think, again nobody is paying any substantial fee at this point.

In summary we'd like to get rid of them all bring in about 40m as a realistic estimate, we'd also maybe receive 5m in loan fees BUT be subsidizing 30-50% of those players wages (Allan, Mina, Gbamin)

And that's by letting go nominally both starting center backs, a starting cm, and a winger who pretty much starts or comes on as first choice every game in Gray.

Only way letting these go and being able to replace is if we also cash in on say DCL or Richy to allow incomings.

More sensible is you keep Mina and pray he stays fit, only sell Gray IF you get in someone like Johnson first.

We get shut before we replace we could end up with a situation where we end up having to panic buy in plsyers of similar quality we just let go in order to not have 14 players at the start of the season.

I think we have to hope Newcastle do something stupid, like offering 25m for Gray. In honesty, in our position, a stupid bid for DCL/Godfrey would have to be considered.

The rest I agree. Nobody is paying us 10m and Mina 6m a season given his injury record. Keane to West Ham at a nominal fee may happen (remember he had a good partnership with Zouma). But we are getting nothing but loan money for Gomes at best.

It comes to a point, where for guys like Allan/Mina, you may be best keeping them for their experience, and hoping to resolve some of Minas problems.

If we can loan a Chelsea player like Gallacher, Tarkowski on a free, and pick up another domestic loan (from perhaps City) we dont have a huge outlay, and will have reduced the wage bill

How much do you think Chelsea may sell him for?

I think his signing would be reliant on e.g Kean + Allan leaving as my guess would be a £40mil fee...maybe even £50mil.

If they were open then £40mil and Chelsea may include a £60mil buyback.

Not many deals get done for a few of 40m with a buy back . The fee is to high for that .

Buy backs usually involve a smaller transfer fee , see the saints rb , the spurs lb , delafeou. You’d have to be pretty desperate to spend 40m and if the player turns out to be good you can lose him and if he’s crap you has just wasted 40m

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back