Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
So 29 is peak, and depending on the "curve" of a player's development, they're still developing until ~27 or so? Then after 29 they're on the declining side of the normal distribution? I'd agree with that, and if so then I'd argue that what I suggested is perfectly reasonable.

If you're arguing that the distribution of "peak years" is actually 24-29, well I have news for you that this isn't the NFL thread.
Game is changing. The intensity is making it younger.

It's a decision that has huge implications either way imo.

And one I'm not sure what I'd do myself in that situation.

As I've said ad nauseam though - starting to create partnerships across the pitch is what will be the single biggest decider this season.

On the eye test the defence looks a shambles BUT it's possibly not the case - individually they are all flawed BUT not fatally so.

It looks like we have issues literally in every position but for me it all revolves around the midfield - it's impacting absolutely every other position currently and needs to be 1st 2nd and 3rd priority to sort out.

Sort it out then potentially one cb can address that area no fullbacks needed as they now work well with cohesion and the wide players now interlink well

I genuinely think with the right 4 players we could be around 8th.

Yes agree with that. Its probably worth noting as well, a 6 week pre season will help enormously in putting those processes into action, and we get another break for the world cup.

Its worth noting, we hammered Leeds, Brentford and 2nd half against Palace playing that way, but also got done away at Palace/Spurs playing it.

At some level Lampard has to find the compromise point somewhere between what he ideally wants to do, and what we went to last season.

Within that, 523 and 433 sit. You're right though, at some point he has to make the call as to which way he is going to get us playing and drill them into it in the pre season. 523 is the more cautious option, but 433 probably the one that reaps bigger rewards.

My feeling is the squad is best suited to 433 if its playing to it's best.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back