Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because they are a team who are comfortable on the ball with the players they have, this is why they destroyed Arsenal Leicester in the cup, their chairman has today indicated that they will spend big

Where as for us to spend any money we have to sell at least 1 if not 3 of the only decent players we have in Richy DCL Pickford, take any of those 3 out of our team and we are dreadful, just remember this squad of players got smashed at home v Watford, beaten by Norwich as well as Burnley

Major construction is needed

They have just been promoted from the championship, what on earth is this post.

Also we finished above every one of these teams.

Because they are a team who are comfortable on the ball with the players they have, this is why they destroyed Arsenal Leicester in the cup, their chairman has today indicated that they will spend big

Where as for us to spend any money we have to sell at least 1 if not 3 of the only decent players we have in Richy DCL Pickford, take any of those 3 out of our team and we are dreadful, just remember this squad of players got smashed at home v Watford, beaten by Norwich as well as Burnley

Major construction is needed
We also beat some teams near the other end of the table but I'm confused,
You want us to sell 1 of 3 that makes us dreadful without for the major construction or you want to keep them?
I probably missed an earlier related post

You want us to sell 1 of 3 that makes us dreadful without for the major construction or you want to keep them?
I would like to keep those 3 and add more quality, but we all know that isn’t going to happen.

Look we all want the same thing but I can’t see us being anything other than n another relegation battle next season

We'll have to sacrifice one big player to generate funds, it's as simple as that.

With those proceeds, we'll need to buy two, maybe even three players on reduced wages. That's the difficult bit. But done correctly we benefit massively.

Then have to see if further departures and contracts expiring generate funds for another signing.

Two loans on top and maybe a free and that is how I'd expect business to develop.

I don't think we are going to be first movers with anything until the parameters of our budget become clear and that big departure is completed.

They know all this of course. I'd expect multiple possibilities have been worked through but they need to show creativity and flexibility.

Expect that some nerves are going to be frayed here by the end of June.

I break it down like this:

23 and under are young players still developing.

24-29 is the peak years.

30 and over you're on the backside.

Now none of that is a hard rule but for me I wouldn't be expecting 25 year olds to get a ton better nor would I expect 29 year olds to last for five years more. It happens sure but you've got to work off of what is most likely. So imo all those guys you've listed are probably close to what their best is going to be.
The haters aren't going to like this but the texan is basically correct. Bar a few outliers like Silva and Ronaldo players mostly decline at 30. The whole league is trending that way. Our players over 30:
Townsend
Delph
Rondon
Allan
Begovic
Coleman
Tosun
Lonergan

We'll have to sacrifice one big player to generate funds, it's as simple as that.

With those proceeds, we'll need to buy two, maybe even three players on reduced wages. That's the difficult bit. But done correctly we benefit massively.

Then have to see if further departures and contracts expiring generate funds for another signing.

Two loans on top and maybe a free and that is how I'd expect business to develop.

I don't think we are going to be first movers with anything until the parameters of our budget become clear and that big departure is completed.

They know all this of course. I'd expect multiple possibilities have been worked through but they need to show creativity and flexibility.

Expect that some nerves are going to be frayed here by the end of June.
Difference for me personally this summer is that I care a lot less than in years past about who we sell and buy. This season did that to me. I really don't like a lot of our players and I'm much more interested in us building a sustainable system moving forward than holding on to specific players.

Agree that it will be a very interesting summer either way. Definitely an inflection point for this club. We either change how we've been operating and make shrewd moves or we'll be right back in the muck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back