Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gabby Agbonlahor and Ally McCoist on Talksport a few minutes ago saying not to expect that Thelwell fella to do much and questioning his track record with recruitment.

You mean the one who is leaving for more money?
If somebody came along and offered you more money, live somewhere with better weather, a chance to work with people who can improve you and win awards and be recognised for your talent and work. Would you not take it?

Gabby Agbonlahor and Ally McCoist on Talksport a few minutes ago saying not to expect that Thelwell fella to do much and questioning his track record with recruitment.
I’d probably agree with them at the moment.

The whole current regime is under scrutiny wouldn’t you say. Huge mistakes have been made, will we learn, and come back from the abyss again?

Need to.

What talkSPORT presenters having a dig at Everton and being all negative about everything. Wow im shocked.

It’s getting worse That station they
Have some of thickest footballers on the planet it’s embarrassing. Gabby, Darren bent, Carlton Cole just for starters even Brazil is there for some type of comedy value, hasn’t a clue about most teams in the premier league these days.

I think given the stature of the mess were in, right now, that if consider it a successful summer if we bring in.

Tarkowski
Colwill
Broja
Gallagher

That is dependent on literally no out goings. If we do sell DCL and Richarlison then I’d be hoping for a few more bodies in the mix.

Do worry if we lose both and end up getting Lewis-Potter as the replacement. Absolute talent, but fear we’d be setting ourselves up for a slog again.

Your problem with Thelwell is, it’s very hard to know how much involvement he’s had with the Mendes clients.

So he could have been hugely instrumental in bringing them in, or he could have been a passenger.

As he’s almost gone under the radar, it’s very lazy journalism to suggest he’s going to flop.

End of the day he’s been part of a club who brought in Dendoncker, Neves, Saïss (before the takeover), Jota and Raul Jimenez.

I guess we’ll see what he’s worth this summer, but being recommended by Cahill, personally leaves me with some confidence going forward.

So do Everton have any transfer funds this summer or is it sell to buy only?
Until the club vastly improves it's commercial performance, the nature of the Profit & Loss rules means that we're in a sell-to-buy scenario regardless of the fact Moshiri has money and is willing to spend.

The rules no longer allow clubs to continually record huge losses year on year, even if the owner is happy to and has the funds to cover the losses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back