Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is a bit to be fair. It's obviously difficult to know how well he could do in midfield for us because he hasn't actually played there very much. I think he'd be a good signing personally but it's definitely a fair point that it would be a bit of a risk.
You are the one claiming he is a midfielder and not a left back. Despite the overwhelming majority of his games for all his clubs being at left back.

And it is relevant when you are stating we would have him as a starting midfielder despite that clearly not being his position.
clearly you know very little about football outside the Prem

Right, so what has he done in his PL career to suggest he is?

15 appearances (10 starts) this season in the PL, all at LB. We have dire need for midfielders who can keep possession and create chances from midfield. This guy could be a decent squad option, he MAY even be more than that but he wouldn’t be my first port of call when it comes to midfield transfer priorities.
Even then he only played 15 games of which 10 were starts. He was rotated with the likes of Ake.

Again, being second choice in any position in that City team is not necessarily a bad thing, but I just think there’s more risk associated with signing a player with a position in mind that he’s barely ever - and not at all for at least a year - played there at this level.

Playing well in a position at a different level - Championship for example - is also slightly risky so I accept it’s the nature of the beast. Fingers crossed if we get him, his pedigree will show through.
care to reconsider ?

Slightly different insofar as he was a CM when they signed him, and kind of fell into their backup LB role and did well.

I could be wrong but I don’t think Zinchenko has had any kind of run of games at CM in the PL. Their backup keeper would probably be an improvement on our midfielders, though, tbf.
really ?

A few posters (including myself) are of the opinion that as he plays LB for you but CM for Ukraine he may be able to play DM.

Its either that or LWB with Mykolenko LCB in a 3.

Or Zincheko LCM in a 3 man midfield.
Even Zat got it right

We need 11 new players then.
I was thinking that short-term, it probably means trying to squeeze another year or two out of Coleman on the right of a three, where I'd say he's less of a liability, with Iwobi carrying on as a wing-back until somebody else makes the position their own. I think I'd rather let him have a run at establishing himself as the legs in centre midfield, though.

Got to be the end for Keane, and I'm not sure it bodes well for Mykolenko, either (although I think he'll get a fair chance to prove himself as an attacking outlet first).

I suppose Alli could play in a two up front, but I've got a feeling he'll be off if this turns out to be the plan.

It really doesn't answer it at all.

Being competent enough to play at LB in a team that hardly defends does not automatically mean you'd be good enough to play CM for an EPL team, it means you're good enough to play 28 times in a season in all competitions at LB for an EPL team that hardly needs to defend.
wow

I see everyone is all aboard the Zinchenko bus now. I got pelters on here for stating the obvious last year.

Fickle lot

We would be a great signing but can't imagine he'd fancy it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back