Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was thinking that short-term, it probably means trying to squeeze another year or two out of Coleman on the right of a three, where I'd say he's less of a liability, with Iwobi carrying on as a wing-back until somebody else makes the position their own. I think I'd rather let him have a run at establishing himself as the legs in centre midfield, though.

Got to be the end for Keane, and I'm not sure it bodes well for Mykolenko, either (although I think he'll get a fair chance to prove himself as an attacking outlet first).

I suppose Alli could play in a two up front, but I've got a feeling he'll be off if this turns out to be the plan.
Well, with the players we have, it would be :

Pickdangle
Godders - Kegs - Maso
Bucky - Allan - Dele - Doucs - Myko
Rich - Dom
Relegate us.

You would have to wonder where that leaves the likes of Gray, Townsend, Gordon to a degree.

I don’t think we’ll get Zinchenko but I can’t understand why people don’t think he’s a good player. Would be great in a number of positions for us. LB DM box to box he could play them all very well (and better than anyone other midfielders in our team)

Would be a great player to shield the back 4 and keep the ball ticking over with intelligent passing. Would have him in a second if the price was right and most importantly he wanted to come and win with us. City will be keen to keep such a good player who has never let them down though. Could come down to what the player wants.
there you go , someone who knows his onions

No, this is perfect for them. The opportunity to wax lyrical about how good Zinchenko is in midfield and laugh at all the plebs who think that spending your entire career playing left back means you're a left back. This sort of stuff doesn't come around often, they'll be making hay for a while.
care to revisit that opinion ?

clearly you know very little about football outside the Prem
I did admit I'd never heard of him before city. But even before city, other than for Ukraine, he played very little at CM at a senior level.

And I certainly hadn't watched him play for Ufa. And I'm taking a wild guess that you didn't either.

I know he’s always played left back for City but to me he’s always looked like a player playing out of position, never looked fully comfortable there. I didn’t see the game tonight but I have no doubt he’s a better midfielder than anyone at Everton Football Club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back