Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
According to a mate who works as a youth coach at Everton, this new regime is looking to implement 3-4-3 / 3-5-2 across all ages groups at academy level.

If that's the case, it seems likely that any transfers in or out will be made with this system in mind.
Aligns to the noises when both lampard and thelwell joined. Not my personal preference. Not sure it suits our players either.

Which one of you put 50p in @jazzy?
Blame @MikelsGoat . He suggested that I tag all those who said Zincheko didn't play CM ( despite my assertion that he did ) hadn't realised that there were so many who had no idea , thought it was a bad idea half way through.

I've always thought he would be great in our central midfield , sadly he will probably go to a more ambitious club than us.

Well, with the players we have, it would be :

Pickdangle
Godders - Kegs - Maso
Bucky - Allan - Dele - Doucs - Myko
Rich - Dom
Relegate us.

You would have to wonder where that leaves the likes of Gray, Townsend, Gordon to a degree.
Quite an upsetting line-up that.

It's extremely unlikely to happen, but I do think that if we kept DCL and Richarlison, it would only take three new signings to be passable:

Pickford
Coleman - New CB - Godfrey/Holgate
Iwobi - New CM - New CM - Mykolenko
Gordon/Gray - DCL - Richarlison​

I make it seven weeks before I have to start confronting the fact that those three spots will be filled by Keane, Doucoure and the little boy Allan.

You'd all be doing your little amortisation calculations for Zinchenko's disgusting contract within three months of him joining.

Think the only transfer we may see before July is Tarkowski and that will be only if he picks us. We might see a couple of outs mind.

One thing to keep an eye on this summer is other clubs going big spending, we essentially took the mick out of the P&S rules, so wouldnt be surprised to see other clubs following our lead and be creative with their losses to make scope for themselves in their budgets.

Think the only transfer we may see before July is Tarkowski and that will be only if he picks us. We might see a couple of outs mind.

One thing to keep an eye on this summer is other clubs going big spending, we essentially took the mick out of the P&S rules, so wouldnt be surprised to see other clubs following our lead and be creative with their losses to make scope for themselves in their budgets.

I suspect you may see that trend. Villa may well have to do it (I believe they did already, but may need to expand it).

As for the 1st part, I can see loans coming in too. We have cleared a lot of wages off, and if as I suspect we are working closely with the PL, I can see loans being approved.

George Michael
James Tarkowski -
Matt Law
Keane Lewis-Potter - El bobble

Andrew Ridgeley
Gavin Bazunu
- Daniel McDonnell ** Cameron Carter-Vickers - Larry Henry Jr ** Jack Harrison - Graeme Bailey ** Valentin Castellanos - tuttomercatoweb ** Conor Gallagher - Dean Jones ** Armando Broja - Dean Jones ** Miguel Almiron - Roberto Rojas ** Levi Colwill - Ekrem Konur ** Eric Ramires - SportsWitness ** Joao Palhinha - RecordPT ** Chris Maxwell - LancsLive ** Cheick Doucoure - Charlie Parker-Turner ** Christian Eriksen - Simon Jones ** Brennan Johnson - Miguel Delaney ** Kalidou Koulibaly - Dylan Walsh ** Harry Winks - SundayPeople ** Clement Lenglet - @Sport ** Oleksandr Zinchenko - The Athletic ** Kristoffer Ajer - The Athletic ** Maxwell Cornet - Mike McGrath ** James Garner - The Athletic ** Manor Solomon - tuttomercatoweb ** Adrien Truffert - RMC **

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back