Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
George Michael
James Tarkowski -
Matt Law
Keane Lewis-Potter - El bobble

Andrew Ridgeley
Gavin Bazunu
- Daniel McDonnell ** Cameron Carter-Vickers - Larry Henry Jr ** Jack Harrison - Graeme Bailey ** Valentin Castellanos - tuttomercatoweb ** Conor Gallagher - Dean Jones ** Armando Broja - Dean Jones ** Miguel Almiron - Roberto Rojas ** Levi Colwill - Ekrem Konur ** Eric Ramires - SportsWitness ** Joao Palhinha - RecordPT ** Chris Maxwell - LancsLive ** Cheick Doucoure - Charlie Parker-Turner ** Christian Eriksen - Simon Jones ** Brennan Johnson - Miguel Delaney ** Kalidou Koulibaly - Dylan Walsh ** Harry Winks - SundayPeople ** Clement Lenglet - @Sport ** Oleksandr Zinchenko - The Athletic ** Kristoffer Ajer - The Athletic ** Maxwell Cornet - Mike McGrath ** James Garner - The Athletic ** Manor Solomon - tuttomercatoweb ** Adrien Truffert - RMC **
By the time the new season kicks off you'll need a Pepsi & Shirley section.

I suspect you may see that trend. Villa may well have to do it (I believe they did already, but may need to expand it).

As for the 1st part, I can see loans coming in too. We have cleared a lot of wages off, and if as I suspect we are working closely with the PL, I can see loans being approved.

Can’t see us having scope to do anything until July mate, unless it’s a free and we have a bit of a hole to fill even before then.

We have a couple of fires financially to put out to. I believe the USM money was paid this year. But as we head into next year that looks like a hole.

We’re also down 22million on this time last year on PL prize money.

1654121550318.jpeg

1654121594847.png

With a need to reduce a loss still (though I believe we have another Covid loss in the chamber) to be reduced this year and a loss of commercial income and prize money of almost 40 mill to contend with heading into next year. Essentially we need to reduce losses this and next year, with reduced income of just under 40 million in 22/23. We have very limited scope to move, without a massive sale, which is likely to be a necessity rather than a choice.

Unless we have some kind of spin up our sleeve and to be fair we push the boundaries on “creativity” with funds.

May as well put the feet up and have a BBQ until after July for incoming beyond a free, unless there is a big out, even then we will likely hang on until July.

Last edited:

I was thinking that short-term, it probably means trying to squeeze another year or two out of Coleman on the right of a three, where I'd say he's less of a liability, with Iwobi carrying on as a wing-back until somebody else makes the position their own. I think I'd rather let him have a run at establishing himself as the legs in centre midfield, though.

Got to be the end for Keane, and I'm not sure it bodes well for Mykolenko, either (although I think he'll get a fair chance to prove himself as an attacking outlet first).

I suppose Alli could play in a two up front, but I've got a feeling he'll be off if this turns out to be the plan.
God no . Coleman 10 mistakes a season to play right CB. May as well sell holgate and Godfrey then, I don’t think holgate is good enough for that role. And iwobi was wing back because we had nobody else and v palace Frank changed it because it wasn’t working. Patterson is perfect for wing back and will be in the team next season.

If it is a 3 then we need 2 new CB’s a new leader in the centre and a left sided one. Coleman will be a back up next season, fingers crossed we don’t get injuries.

And I’d play mykolenko all day as left centre back of a 3. Think he could do well there also been a few links to young attacking left backs. So who knows

I dont think I commented, I think my only concerns were with his injury record and the City fan asking for 40m.
That was me and he's worth that. Anyone thinking we'll give him away for 25-20M is deluded. Was MOtM tonight and will have more clubs wanting to sign him.

According to a mate who works as a youth coach at Everton, this new regime is looking to implement 3-4-3 / 3-5-2 across all ages groups at academy level.

If that's the case, it seems likely that any transfers in or out will be made with this system in mind.
Disgusting!

If true, Frank is basically making us Chelsea without the decent players, which makes us Brighton doesn`t it?

The only teams I can think have ever achieved with 3 at the back is Chelsea with Conte, Inter with Conte with Spurs coming good with Conte. Chelsea did OK for half a season under Teuchel but nose dived this season as they did under Frank.

3-5-2 negates all wingers i.e. Gray and Gordon whilst 3-4-3 negates all CMs except top notch CDMs which is Allan, Doucoure, Davies, Alli and if we got Gallagher....

If that is true that is the worst possible news....

Can anyone think of a 3-5-2/3-4-3 side that has had a period of success or dominance other than those listed above?

That was me and he's worth that. Anyone thinking we'll give him away for 25-20M is deluded. Was MOtM tonight and will have more clubs wanting to sign him.
Anyone paying more than £25m for him is getting mugged though. Not because he’s not a good player but because you don’t want him and they’ll be buying him for a position he has no significant record in. It’s undoubtedly a massive risk.

I think he’d be a good signing for us but at more than £25m I’d be steering well clear. He’s the sort of player who makes us a bit better, maybe helps us consolidate in mid table. You can find those players for a hell of a lot less than £40m.

In this market mate, a lad who's had a fair few injuries, and never held down a 1st team place is not being given away for 20m+ mate.

I like him, but cant see the club going for that.

Anyone paying more than £25m for him is getting mugged though. Not because he’s not a good player but because you don’t want him and they’ll be buying him for a position he has no significant record in. It’s undoubtedly a massive risk.

I think he’d be a good signing for us but at more than £25m I’d be steering well clear. He’s the sort of player who makes us a bit better, maybe helps us consolidate in mid table. You can find those players for a hell of a lot less than £40m.

It's also where is the upside. Hes 25. How good would he have to be, as he heads into his late 20s to get a return on that and sell him for a profit?

40m would be a record fee for us. I just dont see it.

Disgusting!

If true, Frank is basically making us Chelsea without the decent players, which makes us Brighton doesn`t it?

The only teams I can think have ever achieved with 3 at the back is Chelsea with Conte, Inter with Conte with Spurs coming good with Conte. Chelsea did OK for half a season under Teuchel but nose dived this season as they did under Frank.

3-5-2 negates all wingers i.e. Gray and Gordon whilst 3-4-3 negates all CMs except top notch CDMs which is Allan, Doucoure, Davies, Alli and if we got Gallagher....

Can anyone think of a 3-5-2/3-4-3 side that has had a period of success or dominance other than those listed above?
Juve, Ath Madrid, Bayern Munich, Inter Milan, Chelsea.

Just the majority of Title winners across Europe.

Can’t see us having scope to do anything until July mate, unless it’s a free and we have a bit of a hole to fill even before then.

We have a couple of fires financially to put out to. I believe the USM money was paid this year. But as we head into next year that looks like a hole.

We’re also down 22million on this time last year on PL prize money.

View attachment 168560
View attachment 168561

With a need to reduce a loss still (though I believe we have another Covid loss in the chamber) to be reduced this year and a loss of commercial income and prize money of almost 40 mill to contend with heading into next year. Essentially we need to reduce losses this and next year, with reduced income of just under 40 million in 22/23. We have very limited scope to move, without a massive sale, which is likely to be a necessity rather than a choice.

Unless we have some kind of spin up our sleeve and to be fair we push the boundaries on “creativity” with funds.

May as well put the feet up and have a BBQ until after July for incoming beyond a free, unless there is a big out, even then we will likely hang on until July.

We must be losing a negative year though mate. Do you know the year we are losing off in terms of P&L value.

I'd work to a premise we would lose around 50-70m a year with no sales. Weve removed around 20m off the wage bill, so that has us around 30-50m. Some may depend on the year that is coming off? Am I way out on these assumptions.

Disgusting!

It’s a bit of new system in this country basically been 442 for years. Then it became 4231 with a number 10 or split striker. Lampard, gerrard, bergkamp, Rooney.

Spurs played it under poch in his first couple of seasons. It’s obviously not a system that’s been played much like I’ve said, so difficult to pick out regular winners in this country. Probably around Europe it’s been used more. Trying to think of teams winning champions league or World Cups and euros. Italy in 2006?
England played it under Robson in 1990.

Anyway it’s all about personnel. And gray & Gordon hardly score or create much, so not sure they’re big losses to a system, Gordon could easily play as an inside forward in that system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back