Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the past mate. The top teams now who win stuff play 3 in midfield.
I think 4-4-2 can still do the job but the path to doing it is much narrower. You basically have to find two perfect midfielders for it and strikers who can do everything while coexisting. It is so much harder than finding the pieces for a 4-3-3

Both available on a free, both from a team whom conceded considerably less than us, their issue was scoring goals

Both are quite solid reliable defenders whom should ensure we finish around 10th next season, unless you believe we should be challenging for Europe?

If their wages were $90k (touted for Tarkowski) that's 4.6 million a year over three years 14.040 million who would we buy of similar qualities to what we need now for 15 million plus their wages, so you can double that.....

Think you need to look closer because of the crap dealings since 2016, this is what we will get over the line as we have to uphold the agreement we have in place with the premier league

No longer silly arse lists we need to sell before we buy for a transfer fee, so not spending on defenders allows us space further up the pitch

Getting players on a free who can contribute is one of the best ways to making real sustainable progress in the league. The same with a loan or two. You dont want to fill your team with that, but when you need 5-6 players, the ability to bring in a solid one on a free and an impact player on loan means you can actually afford to bring in quality for the other 3-4 spots. Theres no way you can just afford to buy enough good players to round out your team after you almost got relegated. Paying someone 15 million in wages over 3 years is way better than paying 20 million for someone and then 10 million in wages.

At this point we need to shore up the CB position and midfield before we can even think of competing.

Just throwing this out there....without Richarlison, Mina or Allan:

Tarkowski Free
Lingard Free
Wan-Bissaka loan
Gallagher
Garner

Pickford
AWB Tarkowski Godfrey Myko
Garner Dele Gallagher
Gordon DCL Lingard

Patterson + AWB rotating for a season
Branthwaite learning from Tarkowski
Gallagher/Garner all action.
Mix of 4 skillsets up top.

Tarkowski £85k 3 years = £13.26mil
Lingard £120k 3 years = £18.72mil
AWB £70k 1 year = £3.64mil
Garner £10mil + £50k 5 years = £23mil
Gallagher £40mil + £100k 5 years = £66mil

Total for all 5 players with full contracts and fees paid up:

= £124.62mil

Off the books

Richarlison £70mil + £100k 2 years= £80.4mil
Mina £10mil + £120k 1 year £16.24mil
Allan £10mil + £80k 1 year = £14.16mil

= £110.8mil

Huge savings over 1-5 years
Good base to build on mid-long term
Blend of youth + experience

Jonjoe Kenny signing an extension would definitely dampen my optimism

To me it looks like Nkounkou isn't good enough and will be moved on in the summer, so just cover, and cover for the RB position as next year is probably his last active season for Seamus

I don't believe his wages have increased and we would be open to selling as he is under contract we would get a fee (even if it 50p and a bag of mints)

We still need a squad, money is tight so spending on a cover player is way down the list....

I think 4-4-2 can still do the job but the path to doing it is much narrower. You basically have to find two perfect midfielders for it and strikers who can do everything while coexisting. It is so much harder than finding the pieces for a 4-3-3

100% agree

You see a lot of people on social media etc bemoaning the lack of a 442, but it's gone mostly out of fashion for a reason. It's still one of the better defensive shapes (Regardless of whatever formation we played, Ancelotti's Everton would always fall back into a 442, for example), but with the ball it's difficult to make it work nowadays. You need some fairly specific types of players for it.

Tarkowski Free
Lingard Free
Wan-Bissaka loan
Gallagher
Garner

Pickford
Garner Dele Gallagher
Gordon DCL Lingard

= £124.62mil

Off the books

= £110.8mil

AWB & Lingard really ?
A mate who’s a utd season ticket holder, hates both these players. He even says AWB is Rcs great defender positionally he’s terrible.

We’ve had 10yrs of a right back who’s technically sub standard, let’s not get another one.

Tarkowski Free
Lingard Free
Wan-Bissaka loan
Gallagher
Garner

Pickford
Garner Dele Gallagher
Gordon DCL Lingard

= £124.62mil

Off the books

= £110.8mil

Zat’s account get stolen:bye:

To me it looks like Nkounkou isn't good enough and will be moved on in the summer, so just cover, and cover for the RB position as next year is probably his last active season for Seamus

I don't believe his wages have increased and we would be open to selling as he is under contract we would get a fee (even if it 50p and a bag of mints)

We still need a squad, money is tight so spending on a cover player is way down the list....

If we are planning on keeping JJK as the primary cover at LB, we are in a world of trouble if Mykolenko gets injured

AWB & Lingard really ?
A mate who’s a utd season ticket holder, hates both these players. He even says AWB is Rcs great defender positionally he’s terrible.

We’ve had 10yrs of a right back who’s technically sub standard, let’s not get another one.
Neither are my cup of tea either as we've been the team that takes Utd's cast offs for years. That said, I don't think either player is terrible and with the position we are in would you say they are better than what we have? I think so, just about.

AWB would be an upgrade at RB over an ageing Coleman and a clearly substandard JJK. Whilst Lingard would be a reasonable upgrade on Grey and Townsend.

Really it's how they approach a move. Are they looking for one final pay day or are they really looking to revive their career. If they want to prove their doubters wrong and have the right attitude then they'll do well. Half the game is player in your head.

Also, Utd fans don't know their arse from their elbow. The epitome of telly clappers.

Tarkowski Free
Lingard Free
Wan-Bissaka loan
Gallagher
Garner

Pickford
Garner Dele Gallagher
Gordon DCL Lingard

= £124.62mil

Off the books

= £110.8mil

Result relegation with that team I fear.

I'm.not sure why Lingard didn't sign for west ham after a successful loan, let's hope it not cos he wants to stay in the North West. Our club will be in for him if that is the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back