Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully the players we are being linked to is just rumours and nothing actually in it, i mean the state of us going for ? like Tarkowski and Mee... just wow!

Both available on a free, both from a team whom conceded considerably less than us, their issue was scoring goals

Both are quite solid reliable defenders whom should ensure we finish around 10th next season, unless you believe we should be challenging for Europe?

If their wages were $90k (touted for Tarkowski) that's 4.6 million a year over three years 14.040 million who would we buy of similar qualities to what we need now for 15 million plus their wages, so you can double that.....

Think you need to look closer because of the crap dealings since 2016, this is what we will get over the line as we have to uphold the agreement we have in place with the premier league

No longer silly arse lists we need to sell before we buy for a transfer fee, so not spending on defenders allows us space further up the pitch

Lingard and Dele in the span of a few months on huge wages would be hilarious. What could be more Everton than that - sounds like destiny to me

I actually hate Lingard, he is the opposite of what I want, but if he played at the level he did for west ham... would it not be a good signing? playing devils advocate here as the thought of him playing for us makes me want to be sick.

I actually hate Lingard, he is the opposite of what I want, but if he played at the level he did for west ham... would it not be a good signing? playing devils advocate here as the thought of him playing for us makes me want to be sick.
He had 10 very good games for West Ham and that was it. At utd scored a few goals in high profile games, but mainly was very average.

I don’t see Everton giving him a huge signing on fee and high wages. And he’s nearly 30

Getting players on a free who can contribute is one of the best ways to making real sustainable progress in the league. The same with a loan or two. You dont want to fill your team with that, but when you need 5-6 players, the ability to bring in a solid one on a free and an impact player on loan means you can actually afford to bring in quality for the other 3-4 spots. Theres no way you can just afford to buy enough good players to round out your team after you almost got relegated. Paying someone 15 million in wages over 3 years is way better than paying 20 million for someone and then 10 million in wages.

At this point we need to shore up the CB position and midfield before we can even think of competing.

My breakdown of how the transfer window will be is thus:

What we’ve done hasn’t worked in the slightest so we need a totally new approach for change. What we will actually do is continue down the path we’ve been going down because it’s professional sports and everything’s a bit nonsensical and because of course, it’s us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back