Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
They would hold us to random for every penny, it’d probably work out cheaper to keep them than pay them off. I think we’d be snookered with this squad in the Championship.

Depends. Immediate hit, clear the decks, get morale back on track or keep them till contracts run out but sideline them in training. I'd rather a fresh start without ghosts lingering around.

Out of interest, what Championship players?

Well, in my rather successful FIFA career mode revival of relegated Everton (plonked them in the Championship and sold the best players but kept to a low budget):

Took Geldhardt from also relegated Leeds as well as Brereton.

Gordon, Gray, Brennan Johnson & Lewis-Potter on the wings.

Snagged Alex Scott from Bristol City alongside some big side academy lads that couldn't break through so gave them a home: Harvey White, Taylor Richards and a few others. Starters with from abroad + Berge & Billing.

I had Ebosele backup to Patterson, then signed a foreign LB with Mykolenko (who is trash in game unfortunately)

Rob Dickie at the back with Branthwaite, Godfrey & an academy gem I found.

Depends. Immediate hit, clear the decks, get morale back on track or keep them till contracts run out but sideline them in training. I'd rather a fresh start without ghosts lingering around.
Why it would be devastating to go down. And who knows if Frank would stay.

Maybe a clearing of the decks as you say, 2 season in the championship, give some of our 23’s a chance, build a young side l, while we will have sell our so called best players. Also we’d hopefully get rid of the deadwood and high earners. We could potentially raise 200mil and save 50mil in wages to cover some losses from relegation and sponsorship.

Get up after 2 yrs and start the new season at BMD. Ffp and profit and sustainability reset so Frank can go on a speeding spree
And we live happily ever after

Why it would be devastating to go down. And who knows if Frank would stay.

Maybe a clearing of the decks as you say, 2 season in the championship, give some of our 23’s a chance, build a young side l, while we will have sell our so called best players. Also we’d hopefully get rid of the deadwood and high earners. We could potentially raise 200mil and save 50mil in wages to cover some losses from relegation and sponsorship.

Get up after 2 yrs and start the new season at BMD. Ffp and profit and sustainability reset so Frank can go on a speeding spree
And we live happily ever after

We seem the kinda club that would spiral if we got relegated.

It's difficult to get a good/fair price when you drop. £150m ish. Player power rules.
If we get relegated fair enough
But the original post said we’d be shopping in a different market whatever happens.

I don’t expect us to sell all
Them if we stay up, he just mentioned us potentially losing the 6.

We bought a right back in January. This Max Aarons folly is just that.

Patterson will be our right back for years
I agree, though we need 2 right backs and it creates competition. He'll be cheaper now with only 2 years on his deal and a new manager who wants his own players.

FIFA announced a transfer window for russian and Ukrainian players to leave.

Sentment aside for the current situation, would it not be a good chance for us to bring in a defender or two and solve our biggest issue? Even if they were only here until June?

New centre half and right back from there on loan and we may not be in as much danger of going down.

Zabaryni from Dynamo Kyiv is the one...

If we stay up then where do we even start?

Coleman
Kenny
Keane
Holgate
Gomes
Delph
Allan
Gbamin
Iwobi
Gylfi
Tosun
Rondon
Townsend

All need shipping out. And that’s being very generous to a lot of those that haven’t made the list.

Begovic
Lonergan
Coleman
Kenny
Keane
Holgate
Mina
Delph
Sigurdsson
Gomes
Davies
Allan
Gbamin
Iwobi
Townsend
Tosun
Rondon

17 players and ive probably missed some out as well.

I agree, though we need 2 right backs and it creates competition. He'll be cheaper now with only 2 years on his deal and a new manager who wants his own players.

He’s been linked with Chelsea in the past,
Maybe not ideal now, but long term would be an interesting signing

He’s been linked with Chelsea in the past,
Maybe not ideal now, but long term would be an interesting signing

If we can do a deal for any of Holgate, Mina, Keane then we should be putting those funds together for him.

He's young along with Branthwaite but bring in an experienced player (like Lampard did with Thiago Silva) to play alongside Godfrey and we'll have the best of both worlds.

Got to be honest I couldn't even suggest one myself. Just the idea that there is someone better than Keane and Coleman playing there that maybe would want to leave for a few months.

Begovic
Lonergan
Coleman
Kenny
Keane
Holgate
Mina
Delph
Sigurdsson
Gomes
Davies
Allan
Gbamin
Iwobi
Townsend
Tosun
Rondon

17 players and ive probably missed some out as well.
Not sure too many would disagree with that list....Allan maybe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back