Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see people have started advocating on behalf of signing Jesse Lingard again.

Do you have short-term memory issues? An inability to analyze and digest what you see? Do you just never actually watch him play? Or do you not possess eyes?

Lingard is the absolute textbook example of a potential signing who would be catastrophic for us. He's had ten good games in his ENTIRE CAREER and is already on more than £100k per week with a big, established Prem club... But can't get a game even when said club is struggling.

I would not give him game time ahead of Gray, Townsend or Gordon out wide, and they're ALL on lower wages than he would demand. I wouldn't play him as a 10, or second striker or at the tip of a diamond ahead of Alli who is also on a lower wage. Plus he's older than all of them bar Townsend.

Financially this would be a horrific move which would put the club further in the mire, and we would gain absolutely nothing on the pitch for it.

Anyone who believes otherwise... May God have mercy on your soul because you'll have none from me.

Prolonged perusal of the last dozen pages has revealed some more very odd points of view. I shall address some of them briefly now.

"We need a new RB because Lampard doesn't seem to trust Patterson"... Patterson got an injury shortly after signing for us, had surgery and his leg was in a cast for a few weeks after that. Lampard COULDN'T select him. That's not indicative of a "lack of trust" ffs.

"Does anyone hate Son (spurs)??"... Yes. Absolutely. Plenty of fans of several different Prem clubs have sound reason for despising the snidey little weasel, because he has a track record for losing his rag and lashing out when he receives a robust tackle. Unless I missed some sarcasm on the part of the person posing this question, I simply don't understand how they have forgotten his deliberate repeated fouling of Gomes that resulted in a horrible injury.

"Three at the back is a rubbish formation, we need to play 433 / flat back four is no good, we lost loads of games with that."... Good grief. The formation is irrelevant IF most of your players are poor quality when compared with the standard of opposition they face over 38 games. How can ANYONE look at our squad and say "Yep, that's a decent group. We finished in the bottom five because the formation was wrong in most games." Fans of most other sports seem to grasp quite easily that formations have to, and do, shift and change in-game due to the way the game unfolds, but there is a stubborness in certain portions of the football fanbase that seems to believe this is not applicable in football.

Weirdos.

Prolonged perusal of the last dozen pages has revealed some more very odd points of view. I shall address some of them briefly now.

"We need a new RB because Lampard doesn't seem to trust Patterson"... Patterson got an injury shortly after signing for us, had surgery and his leg was in a cast for a few weeks after that. Lampard COULDN'T select him. That's not indicative of a "lack of trust" ffs.

"Does anyone hate Son (spurs)??"... Yes. Absolutely. Plenty of fans of several different Prem clubs have sound reason for despising the snidey little weasel, because he has a track record for losing his rag and lashing out when he receives a robust tackle. Unless I missed some sarcasm on the part of the person posing this question, I simply don't understand how they have forgotten his deliberate repeated fouling of Gomes that resulted in a horrible injury.

"Three at the back is a rubbish formation, we need to play 433 / flat back four is no good, we lost loads of games with that."... Good grief. The formation is irrelevant IF most of your players are poor quality when compared with the standard of opposition they face over 38 games. How can ANYONE look at our squad and say "Yep, that's a decent group. We finished in the bottom five because the formation was wrong in most games." Fans of most other sports seem to grasp quite easily that formations have to, and do, shift and change in-game due to the way the game unfolds, but there is a stubborness in certain portions of the football fanbase that seems to believe this is not applicable in football.

Weirdos.
Spot on
And agree about the formation and it basically is all about the quality of your players.
Coleman, holgate Keane Godfrey kenny. How is that as a back 5 supposed to get us top half.

The narrative is that teams don’t succeed With a back 3, you could also say no teams win playing 442 these days, because hardly anybody plays it.

You can obviously buy players to suit certain systems. Like I think Patterson would probably suit a wing back role as he settles into the premier league. But good players will always adapt

Do you have short-term memory issues? An inability to analyze and digest what you see? Do you just never actually watch him play? Or do you not possess eyes?

Lingard is the absolute textbook example of a potential signing who would be catastrophic for us. He's had ten good games in his ENTIRE CAREER and is already on more than £100k per week with a big, established Prem club... But can't get a game even when said club is struggling.

I would not give him game time ahead of Gray, Townsend or Gordon out wide, and they're ALL on lower wages than he would demand. I wouldn't play him as a 10, or second striker or at the tip of a diamond ahead of Alli who is also on a lower wage. Plus he's older than all of them bar Townsend.

Financially this would be a horrific move which would put the club further in the mire, and we would gain absolutely nothing on the pitch for it.

Anyone who believes otherwise... May God have mercy on your soul because you'll have none from me.
I don't want us to sign Lingard, I think we need to move away from signings of this type.
Expensive and at an age where his resale value will disappear in a couple of years.

However, he certainly is a good player.... just not the type of business Everton should be doing just now.

While I agree with what your saying. ..the 10 good games during his entire career bit is silly. His West ham loan was a huge success. Early lingard had plenty of good games for man u.

I don't want us to sign Lingard, I think we need to move away from signings of this type.
Expensive and at an age where his resale value will disappear in a couple of years.

However, he certainly is a good player.... just not the type of business Everton should be doing just now.

….and we signed Alli who breaks into attacking position and gets beyond the central striker. Can’t see us going for Lingard.

While I agree with what your saying. ..the 10 good games during his entire career bit is silly. His West ham loan was a huge success. Early lingard had plenty of good games for man u.
I wouldn’t say plenty, just the media jump all over utd youngsters when they’ve had a handful of decent games. And of course get straight intro the England set up.

I can still remember the who’s better shouts, but the media in this country and ex players rashfotd or Mbappe when anybody Witt half a brain could tell you Mbappe was on another planet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back