Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

AWB & Lingard really ?
A mate who’s a utd season ticket holder, hates both these players. He even says AWB is Rcs great defender positionally he’s terrible.

We’ve had 10yrs of a right back who’s technically sub standard, let’s not get another one.

Result relegation with that team I fear.

my mate has been supporting them for 50yrs and knows his stuff to be fair . He will criticise a lot of his own players, we also have plenty of fans who still think Tom Davies will come good.

AWB is awful on the ball and would be an terrible option, not sure I could stomach watching him panicking in possession, we’ve spent money on a young exciting attacking full back. Just play Patterson.

I don’t think lingard is a winger, he’s more of a number 10 attacking midfielder. And we already have iwobi and dele, unless we sell one. I don’t see the point in signing him as well as the fact he’s nothing special, nearly 30 and would want big money

Are we linked with Garner?

Lingard would be a horrific signing - inconsistency, fair few knocks, pushing 30 and will want massive wages.

Sounds like the exact type that's caused us issues

That is an abysmal starting 11. 2 full backs that can’t attack, 2 CB’s that can’t pass a football, that midfield in a 433 lacks balance

As for the wage bill we need to be staying clear of cast offs from the Sky 6. Lingard is asking for more money than that and is nearly 30. AWB will also cost more than 70k a week

My thinking as well, Gallacher I really rate, but the other two roles are frankly more essential, we have nobody who can play dm we have nobody who can dictate play remotely.

Lingard is a big no exactly the kind of player we have wasted money on previously

I see people have started advocating on behalf of signing Jesse Lingard again.

Do you have short-term memory issues? An inability to analyze and digest what you see? Do you just never actually watch him play? Or do you not possess eyes?

Lingard is the absolute textbook example of a potential signing who would be catastrophic for us. He's had ten good games in his ENTIRE CAREER and is already on more than £100k per week with a big, established Prem club... But can't get a game even when said club is struggling.

I would not give him game time ahead of Gray, Townsend or Gordon out wide, and they're ALL on lower wages than he would demand. I wouldn't play him as a 10, or second striker or at the tip of a diamond ahead of Alli who is also on a lower wage. Plus he's older than all of them bar Townsend.

Financially this would be a horrific move which would put the club further in the mire, and we would gain absolutely nothing on the pitch for it.

Anyone who believes otherwise... May God have mercy on your soul because you'll have none from me.

….and we signed Alli who breaks into attacking position and gets beyond the central striker. Can’t see us going for Lingard.

Few things:

1: Did you see the numbers if we sold Richarlison, Mina and Allan? Take their transfer fees and the 1-2 years on their contracts and its not far off covering the ENTIRE contract for potential fees and wages of AWB, Garner, Gallagher, Lingard and Tarkowski.

Thats massive for FFP.

2: With the FFP being being entirely covered in advance for those 5 players were going to be nicely placed for the next 3-5 seasons.

3: That team isnt a 'top 6' team but its not getting relegated and is a sound base to start a rebuild from.

4: Finally having 2 players in midfield with Gallagher and Garner (yes @catcherintherye hes been linked) that could be a solid base for many years.

5: People may not 'love' AWB but his stats show him to be the type of player that would be very good for a mid table level side. For 12months to ease Patterson in its not a bad move.

Lingerd is universally hated and im not a big fan of his either but as a short term stop gap in the same way Tarkowski will give Branthwaite a little time...it could help Dobbin be eased in.

6: Mostly, the signings are to get the squad up to Mid-table and above from selling only 3 players...covering all the new players entire deals in one go.

Any other sales (Keane/Gomes/Gbamin/Kean/Rondon) can be used to sign a superior player than a Lingard for example or to strengthen another position.

But the key point was just that those 3 sales...really cover the entire fees/wages of AWB (1 year), Tarkowski (3 years), Lingard (3 years), Garner (5 years) Gallagher (5 years).

Imagine going into the next few seasons knowing that their fees and wages were already covered in advance.

Few things:

1: Did you see the numbers if we sold Richarlison, Mina and Allan? Take their transfer fees and the 1-2 years on their contracts and its not far off covering the ENTIRE contract for potential fees and wages of AWB, Garner, Gallagher, Lingard and Tarkowski.

Thats massive for FFP.

2: With the FFP being being entirely covered in advance for those 5 players were going to be nicely placed for the next 3-5 seasons.

3: That team isnt a 'top 6' team but its not getting relegated and is a sound base to start a rebuild from.

4: Finally having 2 players in midfield with Gallagher and Garner (yes @catcherintherye hes been linked) that could be a solid base for many years.

5: People may not 'love' AWB but his stats show him to be the type of player that would be very good for a mid table level side. For 12months to ease Patterson in its not a bad move.

Lingerd is universally hated and im not a big fan of his either but as a short term stop gap in the same way Tarkowski will give Branthwaite a little time...it could help Dobbin be eased in.

6: Mostly, the signings are to get the squad up to Mid-table and above from selling only 3 players...covering all the new players entire deals in one go.

Any other sales (Keane/Gomes/Gbamin/Kean/Rondon) can be used to sign a superior player than a Lingard for example or to strengthen another position.

But the key point was just that those 3 sales...really cover the entire fees/wages of AWB (1 year), Tarkowski (3 years), Lingard (3 years), Garner (5 years) Gallagher (5 years).

Imagine going into the next few seasons knowing that their fees and wages were already covered in advance.

….and if I was born in Glasgow I’d be a Scotch Egg.

As usual, Zat making these things sound so straightforward.

The way I see it is that we are most probably going to have to accept loans/free transfers this summer, especially with the increased scrutiny on our finances caused by Burnley and Leeds kicking off.

I reckon that even before anyone leaves the club, we need a CB, DM and at least one CM as well.

CB: Tarkowski - Dependable, solid PL defender. I think he would give us everything we have missed with Mina being out and will play 90% of games and I also think Mina has erratic tendancies which Tarkowski doesnt have. Jason Denayer - 26 years old CB on a Free from Lyon - Previous PL experience with Man City. Wouldnt cost the world but still has potential in him.
DM: Florian Grillitsch - Free transfer, played at a decent level in Germany and is 26. The unknown factor in this one is that he has an injury but I dont think its really serious.
CM: Gallagher on loan would be ideal but I wouldnt be against Loftus Cheek. He has shown glimpses that he has everything you would need to be a top midfielder. I have read things that suggest his application has been the problem in the past. Frank will know whether its worth it better than anyone and perhaps he thinks he can get his best from him and who knows, a move away from London might mean he doesnt have the distractions and will just concentrate on football.

If we sell Richy/Calvert Lewin then I think we would have some money to spend on one marquee signing but I think there are free options that could also replace what they have given us. For example:

Andrea Belotti - 29 years old - Free from Torino - Top striker with a few years left in him with no transfer fee. If it doesnt work out, I am sure we could sell him after a year to an italian club. A solid and experienced replacement for DCL in my view.
Jesse Lingard - 29 years old - Good winger that could replicate some of the attacking work Richy currently provides albeit probably not the defensive side of the game that Richy offers. He has shown what he can still do at West Ham in the not too distant past. On a free wouldnt be a bad option unless he was asking for astronomical wages.

That would still give us at least one possibly 2 loans to play with.

Few things:

Thats massive for FFP.

You haven’t included sign on and agent fees for the buys, which would be significant.

I would guess that Lingard would want £10m+ up front and even more than £120k a week. Newcastle and West Ham will throw money at him.

I’m not sure how “sign on fees” work for free agents in the financial rules though, is it the same as the cost of buying a player?

I.e. Tarkowski wants £5m in guaranteed non-wage payments, is it then split by the length of his contract?

The way I see it is that we are most probably going to have to accept loans/free transfers this summer, especially with the increased scrutiny on our finances caused by Burnley and Leeds kicking off.

I reckon that even before anyone leaves the club, we need a CB, DM and at least one CM as well.

CB: Tarkowski - Dependable, solid PL defender. I think he would give us everything we have missed with Mina being out and will play 90% of games and I also think Mina has erratic tendancies which Tarkowski doesnt have. Jason Denayer - 26 years old CB on a Free from Lyon - Previous PL experience with Man City. Wouldnt cost the world but still has potential in him.
DM: Florian Grillitsch - Free transfer, played at a decent level in Germany and is 26. The unknown factor in this one is that he has an injury but I dont think its really serious.
CM: Gallagher on loan would be ideal but I wouldnt be against Loftus Cheek. He has shown glimpses that he has everything you would need to be a top midfielder. I have read things that suggest his application has been the problem in the past. Frank will know whether its worth it better than anyone and perhaps he thinks he can get his best from him and who knows, a move away from London might mean he doesnt have the distractions and will just concentrate on football.

If we sell Richy/Calvert Lewin then I think we would have some money to spend on one marquee signing but I think there are free options that could also replace what they have given us. For example:

Andrea Belotti - 29 years old - Free from Torino - Top striker with a few years left in him with no transfer fee. If it doesnt work out, I am sure we could sell him after a year to an italian club. A solid and experienced replacement for DCL in my view.
Jesse Lingard - 29 years old - Good winger that could replicate some of the attacking work Richy currently provides albeit probably not the defensive side of the game that Richy offers. He has shown what he can still do at West Ham in the not too distant past. On a free wouldnt be a bad option unless he was asking for astronomical wages.

That would still give us at least one possibly 2 loans to play with.

I've been calling for Belloti for years - not wc by any stretch but a leader on the pitch and has some snide about him.

Sort of business on a free transfer we should have been doing for years whereas we wasted over £70 millions and 400k+ a week combined wages on Kean/Toshun/Niasse/Sandro

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back