Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Few things:

1: Did you see the numbers if we sold Richarlison, Mina and Allan? Take their transfer fees and the 1-2 years on their contracts and its not far off covering the ENTIRE contract for potential fees and wages of AWB, Garner, Gallagher, Lingard and Tarkowski.

Thats massive for FFP.

2: With the FFP being being entirely covered in advance for those 5 players were going to be nicely placed for the next 3-5 seasons.

3: That team isnt a 'top 6' team but its not getting relegated and is a sound base to start a rebuild from.

4: Finally having 2 players in midfield with Gallagher and Garner (yes @catcherintherye hes been linked) that could be a solid base for many years.

5: People may not 'love' AWB but his stats show him to be the type of player that would be very good for a mid table level side. For 12months to ease Patterson in its not a bad move.

Lingerd is universally hated and im not a big fan of his either but as a short term stop gap in the same way Tarkowski will give Branthwaite a little time...it could help Dobbin be eased in.

6: Mostly, the signings are to get the squad up to Mid-table and above from selling only 3 players...covering all the new players entire deals in one go.

Any other sales (Keane/Gomes/Gbamin/Kean/Rondon) can be used to sign a superior player than a Lingard for example or to strengthen another position.

But the key point was just that those 3 sales...really cover the entire fees/wages of AWB (1 year), Tarkowski (3 years), Lingard (3 years), Garner (5 years) Gallagher (5 years).

Imagine going into the next few seasons knowing that their fees and wages were already covered in advance.

It's mad that you don't work at a football club, having everything figured out and it all being so simple.

Why would AWB take a 1 year contract?

….and if I was born in Glasgow I’d be a Scotch Egg.

As usual, Zat making these things sound so straightforward.

Its simple arithmetic. Players could be different but the point is that 3 sales covers those incoming in full.

Thats huge.
The way I see it is that we are most probably going to have to accept loans/free transfers this summer, especially with the increased scrutiny on our finances caused by Burnley and Leeds kicking off.

I reckon that even before anyone leaves the club, we need a CB, DM and at least one CM as well.

CB: Tarkowski - Dependable, solid PL defender. I think he would give us everything we have missed with Mina being out and will play 90% of games and I also think Mina has erratic tendancies which Tarkowski doesnt have. Jason Denayer - 26 years old CB on a Free from Lyon - Previous PL experience with Man City. Wouldnt cost the world but still has potential in him.
DM: Florian Grillitsch - Free transfer, played at a decent level in Germany and is 26. The unknown factor in this one is that he has an injury but I dont think its really serious.
CM: Gallagher on loan would be ideal but I wouldnt be against Loftus Cheek. He has shown glimpses that he has everything you would need to be a top midfielder. I have read things that suggest his application has been the problem in the past. Frank will know whether its worth it better than anyone and perhaps he thinks he can get his best from him and who knows, a move away from London might mean he doesnt have the distractions and will just concentrate on football.

If we sell Richy/Calvert Lewin then I think we would have some money to spend on one marquee signing but I think there are free options that could also replace what they have given us. For example:

Andrea Belotti - 29 years old - Free from Torino - Top striker with a few years left in him with no transfer fee. If it doesnt work out, I am sure we could sell him after a year to an italian club. A solid and experienced replacement for DCL in my view.
Jesse Lingard - 29 years old - Good winger that could replicate some of the attacking work Richy currently provides albeit probably not the defensive side of the game that Richy offers. He has shown what he can still do at West Ham in the not too distant past. On a free wouldnt be a bad option unless he was asking for astronomical wages.

That would still give us at least one possibly 2 loans to play with.

Tarkowski yes

Denayer isnt good enough

Grillitsch you mention his injury, look at his track record of injuries.

Gallagher yes

Loftus Cheek is dreadful.

Belotti and Lingard id take as long as wages werent more than say £100-120k on 3 year deals max.

Perhaps lets just not sign managers and players who are universally hated anymore. The potential upsides really aren't that great.

You haven’t included sign on and agent fees for the buys, which would be significant.

I would guess that Lingard would want £10m+ up front and even more than £120k a week. Newcastle and West Ham will throw money at him.

I’m not sure how “sign on fees” work for free agents in the financial rules though, is it the same as the cost of buying a player?

I.e. Tarkowski wants £5m in guaranteed non-wage payments, is it then split by the length of his contract?
Sign ons can be split over the course of the contract in wages or loyalty payments.

I suspect this may be covered by those being replaced.

if we simply dont buy Lingard but sold say Kean and Keane then we could buy someone like KLP of course instead and still be well ahead.

It was really just to show how far those 3 sales could go.

It's mad that you don't work at a football club, having everything figured out and it all being so simple.

Why would AWB take a 1 year contract?
As I stated, on a 1 year loan deal which gives a season for Patterson to be eased in.

He's going to be punted this summer.

Its simple arithmetic. Players could be different but the point is that 3 sales covers those incoming in full.

Thats huge.

Tarkowski yes

Denayer isnt good enough

Grillitsch you mention his injury, look at his track record of injuries.

Gallagher yes

Loftus Cheek is dreadful.

Belotti and Lingard id take as long as wages werent more than say £100-120k on 3 year deals max.

….sufficient to say; if 3 of our biggest earners leave, then it will pay the way for a number of arrivals within FFP limits.

When it comes to names, I appreciate a ‘Zat list’ but the reality is certain to be much different.

Few things:

1: Did you see the numbers if we sold Richarlison, Mina and Allan? Take their transfer fees and the 1-2 years on their contracts and its not far off covering the ENTIRE contract for potential fees and wages of AWB, Garner, Gallagher, Lingard and Tarkowski.

Thats massive for FFP.

2: With the FFP being being entirely covered in advance for those 5 players were going to be nicely placed for the next 3-5 seasons.

3: That team isnt a 'top 6' team but its not getting relegated and is a sound base to start a rebuild from.

4: Finally having 2 players in midfield with Gallagher and Garner (yes @catcherintherye hes been linked) that could be a solid base for many years.

5: People may not 'love' AWB but his stats show him to be the type of player that would be very good for a mid table level side. For 12months to ease Patterson in its not a bad move.

Lingerd is universally hated and im not a big fan of his either but as a short term stop gap in the same way Tarkowski will give Branthwaite a little time...it could help Dobbin be eased in.

6: Mostly, the signings are to get the squad up to Mid-table and above from selling only 3 players...covering all the new players entire deals in one go.

Any other sales (Keane/Gomes/Gbamin/Kean/Rondon) can be used to sign a superior player than a Lingard for example or to strengthen another position.

But the key point was just that those 3 sales...really cover the entire fees/wages of AWB (1 year), Tarkowski (3 years), Lingard (3 years), Garner (5 years) Gallagher (5 years).

Imagine going into the next few seasons knowing that their fees and wages were already covered in advance.
I hope you are right but not sure.

Wasn't
To me it looks like Nkounkou isn't good enough and will be moved on in the summer, so just cover, and cover for the RB position as next year is probably his last active season for Seamus

I don't believe his wages have increased and we would be open to selling as he is under contract we would get a fee (even if it 50p and a bag of mints)

We still need a squad, money is tight so spending on a cover player is way down the list....
My issue with that line of thought is since it's Everton and we always tend to be cursed just like signing martina with the intention playing backup, yet he ended up starting games on the regular due to injuries to key players that will be likely the same scenario if kenny re signs.

The way I see it is that we are most probably going to have to accept loans/free transfers this summer, especially with the increased scrutiny on our finances caused by Burnley and Leeds kicking off.

I reckon that even before anyone leaves the club, we need a CB, DM and at least one CM as well.

CB: Tarkowski - Dependable, solid PL defender. I think he would give us everything we have missed with Mina being out and will play 90% of games and I also think Mina has erratic tendancies which Tarkowski doesnt have. Jason Denayer - 26 years old CB on a Free from Lyon - Previous PL experience with Man City. Wouldnt cost the world but still has potential in him.
DM: Florian Grillitsch - Free transfer, played at a decent level in Germany and is 26. The unknown factor in this one is that he has an injury but I dont think its really serious.
CM: Gallagher on loan would be ideal but I wouldnt be against Loftus Cheek. He has shown glimpses that he has everything you would need to be a top midfielder. I have read things that suggest his application has been the problem in the past. Frank will know whether its worth it better than anyone and perhaps he thinks he can get his best from him and who knows, a move away from London might mean he doesnt have the distractions and will just concentrate on football.

If we sell Richy/Calvert Lewin then I think we would have some money to spend on one marquee signing but I think there are free options that could also replace what they have given us. For example:

Andrea Belotti - 29 years old - Free from Torino - Top striker with a few years left in him with no transfer fee. If it doesnt work out, I am sure we could sell him after a year to an italian club. A solid and experienced replacement for DCL in my view.
Jesse Lingard - 29 years old - Good winger that could replicate some of the attacking work Richy currently provides albeit probably not the defensive side of the game that Richy offers. He has shown what he can still do at West Ham in the not too distant past. On a free wouldnt be a bad option unless he was asking for astronomical wages.

That would still give us at least one possibly 2 loans to play with.
Not sure what the extra scrutiny is? As the premier have signed this off. It’s just people like jim white getting his knickers in a twist on talkSPORT to try and make out it’s a big story.
Remember this is the type of guy who had a countdown clock on sky when 2 lower league clubs where looking like going out of business.
Even Simon Jordon said to him how can the premier league go back on this?

The problem with free transfers, especially older ones, they still cost a lot of money and you’re stuck with them at 32/33. Tarkowski, belotti and lingard could still cost us over the next 3 yrs in signing on fees and wages around
60mil

Maybe take one? And With a centre back they seem to have more longevity.

Im made my feelings clear on lingard I don’t rate him one bit, I don’t think he’s a winger either. But if we sell richarlison, surely Gordon plays on the left next season, which I think is his best position and maybe go and buy younger players with hunger and potential like the kid from hull. Than pay someone a 100k a week to put his dressing room dances in instagram.

I don’t think Gallagher will want another loan he’s had 3 already and he’s 21. Surely he will want to get settled at Chelsea or somewhere else. I read RLC is on 170k a week at Chelsea. So that’s probably unlikely

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back