Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be honest what's happened in Ukraine really muddies the FPP waters - as a lot if our sponsorship was Russian an based we could argue very convincingly that it should be offset due to circumstances out if our control same as with COVID

I suspect these conversations are happening.

Ultimately the PL know, if something like that goes to court, Everton win 99/100 and the 1 time they don't they probably win on appeal. Everton did the correct thing in pre-emptively ending a lucrative sponsorship deal. It makes no sense for the club to be penalised for doing the right thing. A court would take a very dim view, if a regulator tried to punish someone for doing the right thing morally, even at the expense of their own business.

We are also involving the PL heavily in what we are doing. I'd imagine they are giving the yes or no to most business which gets us out of trouble.

It's worth noting as well, in business, these sort of write downs, are very common. I'm not saying the exact same things, but the concept is common.

It's interesting that there has been no special panel convened as some people said would be happening immediately after the season, and it's all gone very quiet. It's almost like Everton have done nothing wrong, and the PL have laughed off Burnley/Leeds ridiculous suggestion.

I suspect these conversations are happening.

Ultimately the PL know, if something like that goes to court, Everton win 99/100 and the 1 time they don't they probably win on appeal. Everton did the correct thing in pre-emptively ending a lucrative sponsorship deal. It makes no sense for the club to be penalised for doing the right thing. A court would take a very dim view, if a regulator tried to punish someone for doing the right thing morally, even at the expense of their own business.

We are also involving the PL heavily in what we are doing. I'd imagine they are giving the yes or no to most business which gets us out of trouble.

It's worth noting as well, in business, these sort of write downs, are very common. I'm not saying the exact same things, but the concept is common.

It's interesting that there has been no special panel convened as some people said would be happening immediately after the season, and it's all gone very quiet. It's almost like Everton have done nothing wrong, and the PL have laughed off Burnley/Leeds ridiculous suggestion.
These types of cases take years. Burnleys losses are unclear at this stage. People have placed a premium on the fact that the letters were sent so late in the day but ultimately civil cases are about money and causation. It’d of been ridiculous if they had written any sooner.

We may justifiably benefit from any write downs linked to Ukraine war but the one way of protecting themselves is by way of a big sale and figures that at least significantly cover the covid losses. The Premier League may be inclined to think the same way and put pressure on us.

When Ancelotti explained how he first discussed moving to Real Madrid he said that he was having a conversation with them about other matters. I do wonder what those conversations where about or who they were about.

These types of cases take years. Burnleys losses are unclear at this stage. People have placed a premium on the fact that the letters were sent so late in the day but ultimately civil cases are about money and causation. It’d of been ridiculous if they had written any sooner.

We may justifiably benefit from any write downs linked to Ukraine war but the one way of protecting themselves is by way of a big sale and figures that at least significantly cover the covid losses. The Premier League may be inclined to think the same way and put pressure on us.

When Ancelotti explained how he first discussed moving to Real Madrid he said that he was having a conversation with them about other matters. I do wonder what those conversations where about or who they were about.

I think we make at least 1 big sale.

The club may also say, if undue pressure is placed, we lose value on our players.

I don't see Burnley winning in court. Essentially European law doesnt correlate the football rules. I'm sure they are after a pay off out of court, but doubt the PL will give it to them.

I think we make at least 1 big sale.

The club may also say, if undue pressure is placed, we lose value on our players.

I don't see Burnley winning in court. Essentially European law doesnt correlate the football rules. I'm sure they are after a pay off out of court, but doubt the PL will give it to them.
I think that’s essentially right but they are owned by some kind of investment fund and the risk of litigation is greater. The terms of the takeover increase the impact of relegation. I can see a lot of posturing in private.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back