Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

True technical skill of course is very important and I am not even saying effort and graft is all we need it's a base line, of course that Barca midfield was exceptional but I do believe in the premier league you need a physical presence too. I am not even saying Doucs is a very good player he has some good aspects and some weak ones. He is at least offering mobility and ball carrying/defensive qualities and has put shifts in which is more than can be said for some in our squad. I was just saying he is still useful in rotation, of course our midfield needs a total overhaul I have repeatedly said we need a defensive midfielder and a box to box/creative player at the least ideally we would get three midfielders in the summer depending on our budget. But Doucs isn't the first one I look at as an issue from the squad anyway (he only has a year to run anyway? I think) of course we could do better but we have four other midfielders who are contributing very little currently that need upgrading and we can't do it all in one summer. I think addressing the key areas will mean he is phased out anyway, I just find the criticism slightly over the top he was never going to be Vieria but he's a decent player.
Doucoure was dominant until he got hurt. Like so many others he can’t sustain it 90 minutes week in and week out, especially as only half of a two trying (and failing) to go up against dominant midfields.

Used to his strengths snd not run into the ground he’s fine.

The thing i am looking forward to most in the summer is FL getting the chance to coach up (the best facsimile we can assemble of) a full strength midfield. If he can put in a regular scheme and coax individual improvements out of some of these like with Iwobi Holgate etc that would be …. better than watching Davies and Gomes get overrun at QPR.

Pickers.

Patterson, Godfrey, Tarkowski, Myko.

Eriksen, Alli/Doucs, new DM

Gordon, DCL, new inside forward.

On the assumption Richy goes. I’d be happy with that seeing us make progress next year.

That bad I’m happy just to see us mid table.

Doucoure was dominant until he got hurt. Like so many others he can’t sustain it 90 minutes week in and week out, especially as only half of a two trying (and failing) to go up against dominant midfields.

Used to his strengths snd not run into the ground he’s fine.

The thing i am looking forward to most in the summer is FL getting the chance to coach up (the best facsimile we can assemble of) a full strength midfield. If he can put in a regular scheme and coax individual improvements out of some of these like with Iwobi Holgate etc that would be …. better than watching Davies and Gomes get overrun at QPR.
He also can’t control a football though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back