Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can’t see it happening, but Godfrey used to play in midfield- for York, then Shrewsbury (when on loan from Norwich), but came into their side regularly at centre back from December of 18/19 due to injuries at the back.

Not sure how good he’d be at PL level in midfield, but it could be an option. I still think there’s massive question marks over him as a centre back.
He cant pass the ball. He's just not a midfielder, no matter how many times our fans suggest it.

I actually don't know what his position is. He makes too many mistakes to be a centre back but doesn't have good enough delivery to be a good full back

Can’t see it happening, but Godfrey used to play in midfield- for York, then Shrewsbury (when on loan from Norwich), but came into their side regularly at centre back from December of 18/19 due to injuries at the back.

Not sure how good he’d be at PL level in midfield, but it could be an option. I still think there’s massive question marks over him as a centre back.

Theres massive question marks on who his partner is at centre back.

No I’m not suggesting we actually play Godfrey in midfield. I just know he was very good there as a youngster & is now being played at centre back / full back where I don’t think he’s particularly good

It creeps up every few weeks and has done for a while.

There was a number on here who wanted to move Leighton Baines into midfield to give Luke Garbutt more game time.
We all know how it ended with garbutt but I think the excitement at the time was fair. By all accounts he had a wand of a left boot and had also bossed a certain kdb in Europe. I think he was mismanaged (and I think lots of our youth teams are or have been development wise)
Not saying he was amazing just the hype at the time for a young player was probably fair....and still baffles me we used Martina in front of him

I think that’s essentially right but they are owned by some kind of investment fund and the risk of litigation is greater. The terms of the takeover increase the impact of relegation. I can see a lot of posturing in private.

I think that's true. It's a desperate move really. I'd also add:
1) They are American, so culturally more used to litigation
2) I do think some of this is to help with the EFL, as they may find they are breaching their regulations quickly. If you say you are tied up in legal discussions with the PL, this strengthens that position.

It's interesting it's been weeks now, and the PL have given them nothing. They have a very weak case.

I’m only bothered about Richy going, DCL isn’t all that.
I’m bothered about us, already with an abysmal goal return, selling our main threats and us having the potency of mint tea up front next season. Anybody sold have to be replaced. Real danger we sell our good players just to achieve “meh” across the team

Edit - meh is an improvement on our midfield and defence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back