Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we need an actual CDM as much as a centre back. We have 4 ok ish centre backs but no proper number 6 which I feel could solve so alot of the problems

If we bring in Torkowski, we could do with:

1: Left footed centre back
2+3: Two defensive midfielders
4: Wide forward / Centre forward

I think if we go for the u23 age group and focus on those positions then weve improved significantly.

Any further business should be on a dominant central midfielder.

Dont think we need any more than that.

I think if we go for the u23 age group and focus on those positions then weve improved significantly.

So six players in total (inc Tarkowski). I presume the wide forward / CF are to replace DCL & Richarlison, because without the sales it would be difficult to find fIve U23 players of the right standard on free or loan transfers.

Pulisic anyone? I think any of Erikson, zinchenko or pulisic and I’d be happy. Lingard on the other hand is a big fat no from me, I do t like his attitude. Moyes always chose players with the right mentality. While it may not have won us trophies, it always created a solid team that payed for each other. I’d like to see that come back initially, we can add the Brazilians later. The team last season looked like they’d never met one another. We need chemistry.
I feel like Tarkwoski is a start, we have to get the spine right with the right personalities. If they aren’t making this a priority then we are screwed.

So six players in total (inc Tarkowski). I presume the wide forward / CF are to replace DCL & Richarlison, because without the sales it would be difficult to find fIve U23 players of the right standard on free or loan transfers.

Well:

Tarkowski = Organiser in defence

Left footed centre back = Colwill / Greaves that can be developed.

2 DMs means a starter and could be that one of the u23s is moved up.

Wide forward/centre forward if Gray/Richarlison move.

Centre midfielder only if its the level of Gallagher.

Pulisic anyone? I think any of Erikson, zinchenko or pulisic and I’d be happy. Lingard on the other hand is a big fat no from me, I do t like his attitude. Moyes always chose players with the right mentality. While it may not have won us trophies, it always created a solid team that payed for each other. I’d like to see that come back initially, we can add the Brazilians later. The team last season looked like they’d never met one another. We need chemistry.
I feel like Tarkwoski is a start, we have to get the spine right with the right personalities. If they aren’t making this a priority then we are screwed.
No × infinity on Pulisic. He's an average player getting attention because hes a yank.

Well:

Tarkowski = Organiser in defence

Left footed centre back = Colwill / Greaves that can be developed.

2 DMs means a starter and could be that one of the u23s is moved up.

Wide forward/centre forward if Gray/Richarlison move.

Centre midfielder only if its the level of Gallagher.

No × infinity on Pulisic. He's an average player getting attention because hes a yank.
I think he gets more hate for his nationality overall than hype. He's definitely not as good as Richy atm but he is definitely not an average player. Not that he's on our radar or vice versa. He'll go abroad i think if he leaves Chelsea

This guy sounds good

I dont understand spanish, but i do recognise 3 words, Vamos means bugger off, Europa means a crappy cup competition and Barcelona means a fallen giant. So using those the knowns I can (using my mighty maths brain) extrapolate the rest.
“bugger off you hilarious parrot conk! go and protect the midfiled of some club in the crappy cup competition, a fallen giant perhaps?, do you want me to come with you?”

so basically they are saying this feller can go to Everton and get us into the Europa League!
(ps, I also do tarot cards and palm readings if anyones interested?)

Can’t see it happening, but Godfrey used to play in midfield- for York, then Shrewsbury (when on loan from Norwich), but came into their side regularly at centre back from December of 18/19 due to injuries at the back.

Not sure how good he’d be at PL level in midfield, but it could be an option. I still think there’s massive question marks over him as a centre back.

Can’t see it happening, but Godfrey used to play in midfield- for York, then Shrewsbury (when on loan from Norwich), but came into their side regularly at centre back from December of 18/19 due to injuries at the back.

Not sure how good he’d be at PL level in midfield, but it could be an option. I still think there’s massive question marks over him as a centre back.
???

He not very good on the ball for a midfielder

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back