Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m bothered about us, already with an abysmal goal return, selling our main threats and us having the potency of mint tea up front next season. Anybody sold have to be replaced. Real danger we sell our good players just to achieve “meh” across the team

Edit - meh is an improvement on our midfield and defence.
We could have 2 world class strikers and would there be that much improvement, when you have the midfield and defence we have.

Personally I could careless if they both leave, we’ve done nothing the 4yrs they’ve been at the club. I’m not saying it’s there fault as they have some dross around, but both have been very inconsistent.

And we need a total reset, you can’t just add a few free’s and loans to this group and think things will change,

NEED NEW CB!! WHERE IS HE?? COME ON!! BEN WHITE, AKE, IS GOOD, GOOD!! And offer city 10 million for greelish. make him DM.

Stephen Hawking had a stronger spine than this
Its funny but I`ve seen Evertonians wanting a 2 man CM of Alli and Gallagher, how passive would that be.

Some would also look at City and saying Rodri sat with 2 10s in front of De Bruyne and Bernardo Silva would be passive but they have just hauled 93 points with their CM area being vital.

Regarding CBs, I think Holgate has kicked on and will continue to do so under Lampard and Godfrey needs games there to establish himself and when he does I`m convinced he will be the best CB we`ve had for years and allowing us to play high due to his pace. When frank came in he said he wants intensity and high press, you wont get that with Mina, Keane and Tarkowski, quite the opposite.

I`d love to know which 2 or 3 players everyone on here thinks we could realistically get this summer which will massively improve what we have now. Those thinking we are having a mass clearout and bringing more than 3 in are deluded and by the same token those thinking we are going to be above 12th to 14th are also deluded, next season will be alot like this with virtually the same squad, especially if we continue down this 5 at the back ?

Well:

Tarkowski = Organiser in defence

Left footed centre back = Colwill / Greaves that can be developed.

2 DMs means a starter and could be that one of the u23s is moved up.

Wide forward/centre forward if Gray/Richarlison move.

Centre midfielder only if its the level of Gallagher.

No × infinity on Pulisic. He's an average player getting attention because hes a yank.

He’s a brilliant player mate, however he’s made out of wet weetabix and suffers from the Yerrys.

I know this is basic but whoever we sign in whichever area they have got to have the simple ability of controlling the ball instantly it's played to them and be comfortable with it when they've got it. It's the first thing any quality player can do hence why not many of our lot can do it. I'm sick of seeing six yard passes bouncing off boots so that it takes an age to actual get control of the ball before they can decide what to do with it.

One thing is for sure, as it stands.....

Outs
Tosun - Out of contract
Delph - Out of contract
Lonergan - Out of contract
He who we never seen - Out of contract
Van Be Beek End of loan
El Ghazi - End of loan

Ins
None

With 62 days till the Premier League kicks off (It takes Everton that long to do 1 deal) on 6th August this squad is nowhere near good enough. FYI we play Arsenal in the US on the 16th July (41 days). Absolutely no time for Everton to be dragging their heels over any of these deals....... But I suspect they will!

I think that's true. It's a desperate move really. I'd also add:
1) They are American, so culturally more used to litigation
2) I do think some of this is to help with the EFL, as they may find they are breaching their regulations quickly. If you say you are tied up in legal discussions with the PL, this strengthens that position.

It's interesting it's been weeks now, and the PL have given them nothing. They have a very weak case.

I can't remember where I saw it, but there was a suggestion that there were legal reasons as to why the story had gone quiet

One thing is for sure, as it stands.....

Outs
Tosun - Out of contract
Delph - Out of contract
Lonergan - Out of contract
He who we never seen - Out of contract
Van Be Beek End of loan
El Ghazi - End of loan

Ins
None

With 62 days till the Premier League kicks off (It takes Everton that long to do 1 deal) on 6th August this squad is nowhere near good enough. FYI we play Arsenal in the US on the 16th July (41 days). Absolutely no time for Everton to be dragging their heels over any of these deals....... But I suspect they will!
The deals involve multiple parties and we’re trying to progress them with minimal outlay. Of course they will take time.

Our planning was also no doubt hampered by not knowing which division we would be in until late on. Additionally, players are no doubt considering options before joining us because of our squad. Finally, we don’t know if we have a transfer budget, we may need to make sales first like last summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back