Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
We should have signed Eriksen ahead of Dele. But we didn’t, so that’s that.

Why do you think he went to Brentford?

The only reason he's being sought after is because he passed the test that he could be fit enough to play in the premiership.

Additionally the insurance on him would have been minefield that Brentford took a punt on.

We should have signed Eriksen ahead of Dele. But we didn’t, so that’s that.
I don't think it was possible ,the footballing community in general seemed apprehensive about his return. I think even Erickson felt self conscious and needed someone he knew and felt comfortable with, so that's why he ended up at Brentford with his fellow compatriot thomas Frank.

I don't think it was possible ,the footballing community in general seemed apprehensive about his return. I think even Erickson felt self conscious and needed someone he knew and felt comfortable with, so that's why he ended up at Brentford with his fellow compatriot thomas Frank.
Yeah, probably most clubs in the league think with hindsight they should’ve signed him up but at the time it felt risky. I’d have been uncomfortable at the time watching him play for us hoping he’d be ok. Let’s not forget he was available on a free because it was illegal for him to play professional sport in Italy.

Links are terrifying so far, not linked with a single player we need i.e.. Young, strong, fast defender (Colwill aside) and a midfield destroyer.
Press gossip doesn’t necessarily bear any relation to what the club is actually working on, most paper talk is either them putting 2+2 together or agents putting names about. Quite often the actual transfers come out of nowhere as clubs prefer to do the work quietly- for example we didn’t hear a peep about Mykolenko until it was pretty much done.

One thing is for sure, as it stands.....

Outs
Tosun - Out of contract
Delph - Out of contract
Lonergan - Out of contract
He who we never seen - Out of contract
Van Be Beek End of loan
El Ghazi - End of loan

Ins
None

With 62 days till the Premier League kicks off (It takes Everton that long to do 1 deal) on 6th August this squad is nowhere near good enough. FYI we play Arsenal in the US on the 16th July (41 days). Absolutely no time for Everton to be dragging their heels over any of these deals....... But I suspect they will!
Just a reminder for anyone panicking, the transfer window isn’t even open until five days time and more importantly all the players are off on international duty/holidays.

Even if we’d already completed Tarkowski and Eriksen right now it’s not like there’s a pre-season to get involved in or team mates to be linking up with, the players are all dotted around the world with their national teams or families.

If nothing is completed by the end of June then sure, start to be concerned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back