Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yet your previous post had him in your starting 11 for next season

Because he's very athletic and I dont expect us to sign three/four midfielders this summer. Despite him technically not being good technically, in a three man midfield he offers something that nobody we else we have does. Athleticism and and ability to go around the pitch.

if Alli, someone who does have technical ability is playing, then Doucoure provides balance to that.

Links are terrifying so far, not linked with a single player we need i.e.. Young, strong, fast defender (Colwill aside) and a midfield destroyer.

Like you said there is Colwill and we were linked to Cheik Doucoure, who looks good stats wise as a DM. I think there are so many areas to improve, but as is often the way, we are not in a strong position. I wouldn’t be surprised if we left it late again, unless we sell a player for big money

He is 32 though, people are moaning about Tarkowski at 29.

Yeah but Tarkowski is nearly 30. 30 is closer to 40 than to being an 18 year old and 40 he's basically halfway through his life and on a one way ticket to death. Basically we'd be signing a zombie if we signed Tarkowski so what we should do is sign his 3 year old son, bed him in now and he'll be a first teamer by the time he's 16

Yeah but Tarkowski is nearly 30. 30 is closer to 40 than to being an 18 year old and 40 he's basically halfway there and on a one way ticket to death. Basically we'd be signing a zombie if we signed Tarkowski so what we should do is sign is 3 year old son, bed him in now and he'll be a first teamer by the tike he's 16
A zombie and a 3 year old would still improve our defence...

I have at least some hope that Lampard can attract Gallagher or other Chelsea kids -Pulisic is nconsistent but walks into our XI -

There is NFW we land Erickson. If he doesn’t go back to Spurs or another side at the top of the table he stays at Brentford and good for him if so - league needs more of that.

Because he's very athletic and I dont expect us to sign three/four midfielders this summer. Despite him technically not being good technically, in a three man midfield he offers something that nobody we else we have does. Athleticism and and ability to go around the pitch.

if Alli, someone who does have technical ability is playing, then Doucoure provides balance to that.
He can’t be a starter next season on any system for me. If franks plays a 3, if imagine it will be a new number 6 and a new 8 With iwobi. Doucoure. Davies, dele? And maybe a youngster as a back up.

If we didnt do anything else but signed Zinchenko and Erikssen I`d be quite happy as a step 1 in the rebuild and we got rid of some dross......

Pickford

Patterson Holgate Godfrey Mykolenko

Zinchenko

Erikssen Alli

Gordon DCL Richarlison​

It’s a bit scary you coach kids how to play football when you think this would be okay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back