Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah this season, I went with minuted as this season Bergwijn played 25 PL games, but 21 were as a sub. So it’s not fair to just go by how many games.

I’m not trying to make his numbers look better, I really don’t care and I’m not even advocating us signing him.

It was 9 goals in all competitions.
Fair enough

But still not sure where you’re getting this 9 goals from or are you including goals for Holland? Because like I’ve pointed out and a few others have he scored 4 goals for spurs last season in all competitions

But moving forward are those 2 really offering enough? I don’t think so and I’m not massively confident they will going forward. Im not a great fan of Putting a player like DCL up top to hit crosses to, look at the 2 best teams in ten country they don’t do that, they play the modern way we play old fashion football. I have a feeling Frank will want to change that so I wouldn’t be surprised if he was happy to let those 2 go and replace them with young pacey players, but we will see.
Yes, it's a tough one....

Both very capable on their day but not clicked together very often.

Mr Lampard and board some serious figuring out to do

Tick tock.....

…..in the interest of team balance, I would like to see us bring another left footer into the team. From an outfield perspective, only Mykolenko provides that, especially if Townsend struggles to get much match time.

Our squad is lacking so many crucial components for a successful team

-complete absence of any creative offensive players

-lack of any consistent effective set piece taker. Very minimal threat from set pieces outside the box
-a Midfielder who can carry the ball forward

-a Midfielder who can place precise through balls and just generally capable of competent non static passing
-
a Midfielder who can break up play and actually assert control in the middle of the pitch
-
since patterson is an unknown quality we don't have right back who can put in a decent cross or deal with pace on a regular basis defensively
-
currently we lack consistent defenders who can avoid vital errors frequently

-our Midfielders lack height or just the ability to head a ball so they often get beat when fighting for headers

-two of our defenders holgate and godfrey cant head a ball
-
our best players are never fit

-our current striker who just recovered from a significant injury is a target man who lacks effective crosses to play in

-offensive players who cant retain the ball

-central defenders that struggle to pass the ball accurately

I'm sure there's more
But the squad is dire transfer activity is crucial to remedy some of these issues

Last edited:

Whatever happened to that Mexican winger who played in the Dutch leauge we was link with the other year who ended up going to Italy i think it was who everyone in here was creaming themselves over?

…..in the interest of team balance, I would like to see us bring another left footer into the team. From an outfield perspective, only Mykolenko provides that, especially if Townsend struggles to get much match time.
I think Townsend Everton career is over, they reckon he won’t be fit till next march. Should be getting better than him anyway, he’s not good enough

If you're including goals in international friendlies etc. then you could at least use the international goals say Gordon got (3 if wondering).
They didn’t show where I looked, even still with them he only has 7 goals in 2630 minutes

Our squad is lacking so many crucial components for a successful team

-complete absence of any creative offensive players

-lack of any consistent effective set piece taker. Very minimal threat from set pieces outside the box
-a Midfielder who can carry the ball forward

-a Midfielder who can place precise through balls and just generally capable of competent non static passing
-
a Midfielder who can break up play and actually assert control in the middle of the pitch
-
since patterson is an unknown quality we don't have right back who can put in a decent cross or deal with pace on a regular basis defensively
-
currently we lack consistent defenders who can avoid vital errors frequently

-our Midfielders lack height or just the ability to head a ball so they often get beat when fighting for headers

-two of our defenders holgate and godfrey cant head a ball
-
our best players are never fit

-our current striker who just recovered from a significant injury is a target man who lacks effective crosses to play in

-offensive players who cant retain the ball

-central defenders that struggle to pass the ball accurately

I'm sure there's more
But the squad is dire transfer activity is crucial to remedy some of these issues

We need some good finishers.
You know what? We need everything! What does our squad have?

I never advocated signing him, just said you can’t say he doesn’t know where the net is when he has a better mins to goal ratio than our three above.

It was 9 goals in all competitions.
Are international friendlies counted as competitive matches? Club friendlies certainly aren't.

Also skewing your data as it doesn't include his minutes for the international friendlies.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back