Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let’s be real about this, i think we all agree on the areas to improve in this team.

However, we simply aren’t going to be able to address all areas in this window. For that reason we need to prioritise adding defensive solidity and reliability by getting at least one CB who can play every week and set the line. Additionally, we need a good DM who can play regularly and shield the back line as we will still have to play inexperienced players or players who have mistakes in them
Agree get those two positions nailed down first Tarkowski and a good DM would make us more solid. Then look to some more creativity in terms of playmaking, on the right and up front if we can move others on/loans.

Lozano wasn’t it? No idea where he went , think he was swallowed into a black hole with , kluivert, neres and dolberg
Just checked and hes averaged G/A every 150 mins over last three years in serie A with Napoli, for reference Richarlison has averaged G/A every 200 mins over last 3 years so im guessing hes done well but havent actually watched him

Think we should be in for up and coming superstar Josh Maja. Looked deadly against us and has undoubtedly kicked on since then!

The more I think about it, the more this squad annoys me. The way I see it, we have several "groups" of players that we could justifiably want to jettison:

Great when fit, but never fit:

Yerry Mina
Fabien Delph

Not good enough to justify wage:

Michael Keane
Andre Gomes
Salomon Rondon

Squad fillers who arrived for cheap, big profit if sold:

Holgate
Davies
Townsend
Gray

Old enough that another contract would be a mistake:

Allan
Coleman

Would generate big fee if sold but I want them to stay:

Richarlison
Pickford
DCL

Personally I would shift Mina, Keane, Holgate, Allan, Davies and Gomes. Keane and Gomes would be the difficult ones to sell, but they absolutely HAVE to go.

That would leave Godfrey & Branthwaite at CB, with Tarkowski likely to join them. I'd look to add another CB.

In CM I would have Doucoure, Iwobi and Gbamin... Not great, but MAYBE Gbamin has turned a corner in fitness terms? Add a strong, calm DM and a young, mobile CM. Build from that.

I know we have weaknesses elsewhere too, but if we don't fix the spine of the team we will be in another relegation dogfight in the blink of an eye.
The more I think about it, the lower my expectations get.

Three CBs to be picked from Coleman, Keane, Holgate, Godfrey, Mina and possibly Tarkowski (got a feeling he'll go to Newcastle or Stevie FC, though).

Iwobi and Mykolenko at wing-back, with Patterson, Kenny and Coleman as cover.

Doucoure +1 in the middle (I think this is where some of the Richarlison money will be spent), with Davies, Gomes and Iwobi as cover (Allan to Lazio).

Forward options from DCL (unless sold, obviously), Gordon, Gray, Alli, Townsend, Rondon and whoever replaces Richarlison.

Think we should be in for up and coming superstar Josh Maja. Looked deadly against us and has undoubtedly kicked on since then!
Was on loan at stoke scored one has he kicked on not really who i would want as backup for dcl would prefer broja the lad at southampton

Stuck with Gomes till end of his contract, no one is paying a fee for him and putting him on his current wage unfortunately
I am most likely being absolutely delusional but I don't see Gomes sticking around somewhere he is unwanted. He left Barcelona for Everton because they didn't take to him and I'm sure he was making more at Barcelona. I could see him going somewhere else at a lower wage.

But he's not wanted permanently by CSKA because he enjoyed the Moscow nightclubs too much, apparently.

Who wants to introduce him to The Lisbon?
I haven't heard anything about night clubs. I don't believe there was any permanent option included in the loan deal though.

I also don't know where they/we would stand even if they wanted to buy him due to the sanctions in place on Russia.

I am most likely being absolutely delusional but I don't see Gomes sticking around somewhere he is unwanted. He left Barcelona for Everton because they didn't take to him and I'm sure he was making more at Barcelona. I could see him going somewhere else at a lower wage.
I reckon we have him nearly same amount (might be wrong) but he’s have to take a hell of a drop now for another team, no prem club would take him and I could only see a Portuguese club take him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back