Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
No premier league players get better at random ages all the time and have rather large jumps in quality. Van Dijk went from a mid table centre half to the best in the world at 25/26. Edouard Mendy was playing ligue 2 at 26. Kante jumped from Caen to Leicester title winners age 24.
Van Dijk was really good at Saints

Securing safety and building for the future aren't mutually exclusive to me. Both can be accomplished simultaneously. And when you prioritize the first you'll never move on to the second.
We have to prioritise safety next season. We are in a sell to buy situation, so players like Tarkowski are essential this summer to plug the gaps.

The structural changes, new DoF and new stadium are how we are literally building for the future.

Winks and Gilmour in the same midfield would be very very passive, none are physical enough, can`t tackle or win an aerial challenge. Nothing defensively but may keep the ball going sidways when in possession. Is this the depths we`ve plummeted to?

Better quality on the continent rather than jarg rumours to Lampards ex players and Winks who has been absolutely bombed by Conte because he is nowhere near good enough.

Sorry not us related, but is this takeover at Newcastle all a bit of a con? When it happened every man and his dog were saying they were now the richest club in the world and would be the new super power like City. Doesn’t seem to me like they have a huge budget..

They are still constrained by FFP

It could never have been like City's takeover. To put it simply, given transfer value inflation they'd have to spend 450M this window to match what City did in 2011. The best they can hope for is grow slowly due to diligent management and clever signings.

They spent 15M on Matt Targett earlier today.
But are they the “richest club in the world” now or not? Richer than City? PSG? Those were the claims. Is it all it’s been cracked up to be? I mean Matt Targett ffs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back