Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was abysmal but he made me laugh consistently so I liked him. And he was unironically better than Tosun.
What I would have gave for Prince Oumar coming off the bench bumbling round rather than Rondon at times this past season, we might have been safe by March through sheer confusion earning us points

Wolves aren't good, Brighton are fine and god forbid they find someone who can score goals up top. But also Palace might get better, Newcastle already are and Villa seem to want to as well. It is going to be hard
Well so far Newcastle have signed the left back they had on loan and some 19yr old striker. Villa have bought a CB who’s 29 from the Spanish league . Kamara looks a good signing so let’s see how he does

I think Brighton might have peeked, Palace will find it harder next season. Brentford and Leeds will struggle. You can look at it different ways.
Brighton have finished now 9th while still never having a forward better than Trossard who I don't think even gets into our team automatically. If one of these days they can strike gold on a forward like they have elsewhere they really can be the team that finishes 7th. So for me they haven't necessarily peaked but also there is no guarantee they'll ever go higher.

The team is worse than during all of those seasons.

The manager is worse than during all of those seasons.

I think if everyone stays fit we could sneak 9th or 10th. I reserve my right to change this if we make some real signings but right now I have us 12th.

That's probably fair.

I'm not convinced Lampard is worse though, or at least worse for Everton. Silva managed games very badly for Everton, however good a coach he was.

I probably agree on the team, especially if we lose both DCL/Richarlison. That's probably why a signing like Tarkowski, who stabilised us for a period of time makes sense mate.

That's my my big fear following what you essentially advocate mate (which I broadly agree with) that we dont have the flexibility to take such a risk on short term performance. Tarkowski will likely help keep us up, and away from pressing danger.

We still have a reasonably group of younger players, who will hopefully improve with coaching, and I think Lampard will benefit from a pre season.

Iwobi, Gray, Gordon, Mykolenko, Holgate, Patterson, Godfrey are all ok PL level players who can get better. It's not a bad base.

Brighton have finished now 9th while still never having a forward better than Trossard who I don't think even gets into our team automatically. If one of these days they can strike gold on a forward like they have elsewhere they really can be the team that finishes 7th. So for me they haven't necessarily peaked but also there is no guarantee they'll ever go higher.

Those players are hard to find though mate. Maupay also does a lot of good stuff for them, outside of the goals. Bit of a conundrum for them.

They finishes 9th with less points than we got for 10th the season before. I think they'll be ok, but probably slightly over performed.

That's probably fair.

I'm not convinced Lampard is worse though, or at least worse for Everton. Silva managed games very badly for Everton, however good a coach he was.

I probably agree on the team, especially if we lose both DCL/Richarlison. That's probably why a signing like Tarkowski, who stabilised us for a period of time makes sense mate.

That's my my big fear following what you essentially advocate mate (which I broadly agree with) that we dont have the flexibility to take such a risk on short term performance. Tarkowski will likely help keep us up, and away from pressing danger.

We still have a reasonably group of younger players, who will hopefully improve with coaching, and I think Lampard will benefit from a pre season.

Iwobi, Gray, Gordon, Mykolenko, Holgate, Patterson, Godfrey are all ok PL level players who can get better. It's not a bad base.
The ages of those players are 26, 25 (birthday is this month), 22, 23, 25, 24. Most are not going to improve much if at all. And the four oldest all have hundreds of first team appearances.

For me we don't have a young group at all. We have Gordon, Myko, Patterson (who hasn't played), Branthwaite (who isn't ready and will be loaned most likely) and the possibly a wild card or two like Onyango or Nkounkou.

The balance is way off and Tarkowski just adds to it. You can sign younger players who are decent to start and get better. For example Vitalii Mykolenko. He's not a world beater now and might never be but he's also perfectly fine the exact same as we're hoping Tarkowski is. But there is none of the upside there.

The ages of those players are 26, 25 (birthday is this month), 22, 23, 25, 24. Most are not going to improve much if at all. And the four oldest all have hundreds of first
25 is 3 years from a players peak, so they will all improve in the next 2 or 3 years.

Stop projecting the wrong view that players dont improve past the age of 25, its horse manure.

Jamie Vardy was playing non league football at 25.

25 is 3 years from a players peak, so they will all improve in the next 2 or 3 years.

Stop projecting the wrong view that players dont improve past the age of 25, its horse manure.

Jamie Vardy was playing non league football at 25.
Oh look we're back to "massive outliers make my point"

Hungary had a goalkeeper who was 40 and wore sweatpants at the Euros a few years back so we should sell Pickford and get Rene Higuita in goal.

• Haha
Reactions: JLW

Oh look we're back to "massive outliers make my point"

Hungary had a goalkeeper who was 40 and wore sweatpants at the Euros a few years back so we should sell Pickford and get Rene Higuita in goal.
It's hardly outliers when it happens all the time though. Every prem player is an outlier because they're the elite

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back