Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well last season we were 3 points behind them and should have beat them 3 times, they have better players I agree, but their signings and a
World class manager, has pushed them on.
And their 2 world class players staying fit is
The only reason they got 4th. Both now
Into their 30th year

I agree mate, but we had a world class manager who helped massively. I think they are a much better squad than us.

Mate we wouldnt take 12th.

Really try and ignore last season, it was a freak season.

We finished 10th with Carlo and there were nearly riots.

We wouldnt nor should we ever take 12th.
Carlo got us 10th because we were the lucky team. We weren't very good last year and then James, Digne and all the luck left and we nearly went down. Make no mistake we are a bottom third or maybe even bottom quarter of the league side at the minute and a solid 12th would be a nice season so long as it is coupled with building for the following seasons.

Carlo got us 10th because we were the lucky team. We weren't very good last year and then James, Digne and all the luck left and we nearly went down. Make no mistake we are a bottom third or maybe even bottom quarter of the league side at the minute and a solid 12th would be a nice season so long as it is coupled with building for the following seasons.
Based on what?

1 freak season? Im sorry but im not accepting that at all.

Im expecting top half this season, even if we dont sign a single player.

WHATS OUR NAME?

Just objectively here mate,
Ancelotti 59 points
Ancelotti 30 from 20 (57 points across a 38 game season)
Silva 54 points

They are the previous seasons. That is top 1/3 of the league performance. Some of that is the manager. I dont think we are a bottom 5 squad. It's a bit more complex, and we are inconsistent, but we are top half if everyone stays fit.

Based on what?

1 freak season? Im sorry but im not accepting that at all.

Im expecting top half this season, even if we dont sign a single player.

WHATS OUR NAME?

If we can sort out injuries to average we will be around 50 points which is half way up.

If we sort set peices as Carlo did, we probably get to being top 8.

I actually don’t think it would take much to challenge 9h/10th etc. are wolves really that good or Brighton,
Who went on a horrendous run, palace won the same number of games as us, but had a great season.

What I’m hoping for is a settled team for once,
So we can get some consistency and that breeds confidence and of course not to be done over by VAR. If that happens anything is possible,
It’s not a great league

I actually don’t think it would take much to challenge 9h/10th etc. are wolves really that good or Brighton,
Who went on a horrendous run, palace won the same number of games as us, but had a great season.

So we can get some consistency and that breeds confidence and of course not to be done over by VAR. If that happens anything is possible,
It’s not a great league
Wolves aren't good, Brighton are fine and god forbid they find someone who can score goals up top. But also Palace might get better, Newcastle already are and Villa seem to want to as well. It is going to be hard

It could never have been like City's takeover. To put it simply, given transfer value inflation they'd have to spend 450M this window to match what City did in 2011. The best they can hope for is grow slowly due to diligent management and clever signings.

They spent 15M on Matt Targett earlier today.
I listened to a pod yesterday and on that they said Botman wants Milan

Just objectively here mate,
Ancelotti 59 points
Ancelotti 30 from 20 (57 points across a 38 game season)
Silva 54 points

They are the previous seasons. That is top 1/3 of the league performance. Some of that is the manager. I dont think we are a bottom 5 squad. It's a bit more complex, and we are inconsistent, but we are top half if everyone stays fit.
The team is worse than during all of those seasons.

The manager is worse than during all of those seasons.

I think if everyone stays fit we could sneak 9th or 10th. I reserve my right to change this if we make some real signings but right now I have us 12th.

It’s not a great league
Palace had 4 more points with one less win than Hodgson managed. Their best player was on loan last year but are in a great spot apparently. :hayee:

Wolves aren't good, Brighton are fine and god forbid they find someone who can score goals up top. But also Palace might get better, Newcastle already are and Villa seem to want to as well. It is going to be hard

I think Brighton might have peeked, Palace will find it harder next season. Brentford and Leeds will struggle. You can look at it different ways.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back