Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
He only started 10 games which they lost 6, only Started 1 after the January window
When spurs bought bentencur, not sure he had a Hand in them getting top 4.

He’s basically the spurs Tom Davies

The thing is though, Spurs are miles better than Everton. Their squad players are probably as good as our good players.

I'm not saying that means we should sign Winks, but it's more a reflection of our squad.

352_rotater.png
Wouldn't that formation require defensive Midfielders which we have none?

Chelsea are the only ones and IMO they're underachieving in the league the last two years.

Bayern are kind of moving away from it but they also went out of the CL to a team they should never ever be losing to so what does that say.

For me it is the best system right now for how football is played at the highest levels. The only thing I'd see us play otherwise is some kind of 4-3-1-2. And even that isn't a million miles from a 4-3-3. You're just using a real #10 instead of a false 9 like some teams do and starting the wingers a bit narrower.

I think he means sides outside the elites dont generally play it mate.

Which is probably fair. It's a great system if you have great players, but it can get exposed.

Chelsea are the only ones and IMO they're underachieving in the league the last two years.

Bayern are kind of moving away from it but they also went out of the CL to a team they should never ever be losing to so what does that say.

For me it is the best system right now for how football is played at the highest levels. The only thing I'd see us play otherwise is some kind of 4-3-1-2. And even that isn't a million miles from a 4-3-3. You're just using a real #10 instead of a false 9 like some teams do and starting the wingers a bit narrower.
I think we are entering the 3 at the back era myself.

Feel like you will see it a lot more.

I blame the fact that CBs are awful in this era.

I think we are entering the 3 at the back era myself.

Feel like you will see it a lot more.

I blame the fact that CBs are awful in this era.
I blame the fact that managers are scared to compete.

I misread the initial one. Palace played 4-3-3 all year and were fine. You don't have to be awesome to do it. Leicester use it a lot too.

The thing is though, Spurs are miles better than Everton. Their squad players are probably as good as our good players.

I'm not saying that means we should sign Winks, but it's more a reflection of our squad.
Well last season we were 3 points behind them and should have beat them 3 times, they have better players I agree, but their signings and a
World class manager, has pushed them on.
And their 2 world class players staying fit is
The only reason they got 4th. Both now
Into their 30th year

Thats what I meant, we see City and Liverpool dominate with it, but both those managers spent 5+ years moulding a team and spending billions.

That's it. They have 300m+ wage Bill's, stable squads and managers who have drilled them for 7 years in it.

The best performances we have had under Moshiri, have come when we have tended to be more direct. Koeman basically whacked it long to Lukaku and got Valencia close to him.

Silvas best spell was with DCL as the 9, us being direct and getting Sigurdsson close to him.

Ancelotti did well when we went 442 with DCL and Richarlison.

Lampard ended the season well... you guessed it, banging it long, sitting deeper with a back 5.

In an abstract sense, if you are in France, Germany etc, where you have 6-8 sides with an average championship sides budget, you can probably afford to take risks to embed a system. At Everton, we could go down while we tried to embed it. It's a conundrum. That what theoretically may work, in practice takes too long to work.

I liked that post before I truly processed it in my noggin. I don't think I like that scenario
Think you could get away with iwobi as one as he’s proved he can work had and be disciplined, Need a proper box to box as the other number 8 and not
Doucoure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back