Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
How is this a wind up and why 6 months? I'm not saying these are the best options more so a very easy example of how crap the current squad is. Take those 2 for example and who they'd replace. Rondon's deal is out next year, Welbeck would absolutely take a 12 month deal on probably less than what Rondon is on now. Gomes' deal runs until 2024, Drinkwater would be delighted to have just a 12 month deal with us, never mind 2 years as well as Lingard who I said would take a 3 year deal where he'd probably still be a decent part of the squad by the end of it, Erikssen would be the exact same but I don't think we'd have a chancea at him.
Eriksen would be worth it because he’s a world class player . The other 3 are dog [Poor language removed]

And them 3 players on 1 yr deals and a 3 yr deal in lingards case. Would still cost the club roughly. Over 40mil. We could get a couple of really talented youngsters With potential and hunger with that money. Instead of wasting on old players who will not add anything and will be a waste of money and in lingards case i player we wouldn’t be able to get rid off, It’s not happening in a million years.

The odd one fair enough. Like Tarkowski or eriksen, but bringing in failed journeymen would be a disaster.

I think it's almost certain a RB will be sought.

I'm a big Coleman fan, but with the best will in the world he shouldn't be an automatic choice at RB; and Lampard hasn't shown any inclination to play Patterson so far (despite the "oh I was just going to play him too" comment he made after he got injured).

We cant go into a new season with a veteran and newbie as RB first choice.

….we can if the ‘newbie’ is very good.

if Lampard doesn’t think he’s good enough then we need to add a RB to our shopping list and move Patterson on.

Not a personal dig at you.

And im somebody that does enjoy beating Everton up, but people have really convinced themselves that the most we can hope for is mid-table based off 1 terrible season where everything that could go wrong, went wrong. Last season was a freak season.

Mid-table is something other teams should aim for, never Everton.
Conversely some people seem unwilling to accept that it wasn't a fluke but actually the natural continuation of a downward slide that started as far back as 2015. This squad is lacking in talent, lacking in enthusiasm, lacking in continuity and the current manager has shown very little tactically to suggest he's going to overcome it. On top of that the current transfer business doesn't suggest lessons have been learned yet.

Maybe right now it's a fluke, if we don't fix it soon in a few years it won't look like that.

Conversely some people seem unwilling to accept that it wasn't a fluke but actually the natural continuation of a downward slide that started as far back as 2015. This squad is lacking in talent, lacking in enthusiasm, lacking in continuity and the current manager has shown very little tactically to suggest he's going to overcome it. On top of that the current transfer business doesn't suggest lessons have been learned yet.

Maybe right now it's a fluke, if we don't fix it soon in a few years it won't look like that.
No, it was 100% our fault and very much chickens coming home to roost.

We were very much the reason.

It wasnt me blaming anybody else, Everton was the reason.

The freak aspect was more Dom, but its Evertons fault we didnt plan for it.

This club went downhill when we got the manager who’d just been relegated. Standards dropped and he was found out.
Another manager that some on here thought was fantastic..

….we can if the ‘newbie’ is very good.

if Lampard doesn’t think he’s good enough then we need to add a RB to our shopping list and move Patterson on.
How will we really know if he’s good enough, probably had a month/6 weeks with him, look how bad mykolenko looked in his first handful of appearances. And has a lot more experience than Patterson. Obviously anything can happen in football but I would be gobsmacked if Patterson is sold

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back