Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
I get hundreds of notifications an hour, im a big deal.

But you know where my thread is Zat.

Goalkeepers (2)
Jordan Pickford (HG)
Asmir Begović (HG)

Right Backs (2)
Séamus Coleman
Nathan Patterson (UA)

Left Backs (2)
Vitaliy Mykolenko
Niels Nkounkou

Centre Backs (5)
Yerry Mina
Michael Keane (HG)
Mason Holgate (HG)
Ben Godfrey (HG)
Jarrad Branthwaite (UA)

Midfield (6)
Allan
Dele Alli (HG)
André Gomes
Abdoulaye Doucouré
Tom Davies (HG)
Jean-Philippe Gbamin

Wide Forwards (5)
Richarlison
Andros Townsend (HG)
Demarai Gray (HG)
Anthony Gordon (HG)
Alex Iwobi (HG)

Strikers (2)
Dominic Calvert-Lewin (HG)
Salomón Rondón

A Matchday squad will require 11 players, plus 9 subs.

So I would say it would be prudent if we had at least 4 players to cover for injury and suspension.

Just seen this...

Youve left off

3rd choice keeper

Tarkowski

Thats why

There will obviously be sone coming’s and going’s, but some of the extra should be from the Academy.

Simms could be one, Gibson possibly another, particularly if Branthwaite goes on loan. I guess there could be others Onyango etc.

It feels like either or both of Keane and Mina could be off. I guess we will only go for another CB if they both leave.

Gbamin can’t play for us can he?

Midfield is incredibly light. We need at least two good additions there.
Gmblammo can play for us, why couldnt he?

Do you think the likes of drinkwater and welbeck would come for 6months

Your post is obviously a wind up, frees still want wages and signing on fee’s and some want 2/3 yr deals even in their 30’s.
It’s not happening obviously but drinkwater witt wages and a singing on fee could still cost us 8mil next year on our books. Zinchenko if we could get him, would probably cost 10.
How is this a wind up and why 6 months? I'm not saying these are the best options more so a very easy example of how crap the current squad is. Take those 2 for example and who they'd replace. Rondon's deal is out next year, Welbeck would absolutely take a 12 month deal on probably less than what Rondon is on now. Gomes' deal runs until 2024, Drinkwater would be delighted to have just a 12 month deal with us, never mind 2 years as well as Lingard who I said would take a 3 year deal where he'd probably still be a decent part of the squad by the end of it, Erikssen would be the exact same but I don't think we'd have a chancea at him.

There will obviously be sone coming’s and going’s, but some of the extra should be from the Academy.

Simms could be one, Gibson possibly another, particularly if Branthwaite goes on loan. I guess there could be others Onyango etc.

It feels like either or both of Keane and Mina could be off. I guess we will only go for another CB if they both leave.

Gbamin can’t play for us can he?

Midfield is incredibly light. We need at least two good additions there.
We came very close to being relegated last year. Just adding a couple of future league one players to the squad for the sake of it is asking for trouble. If we move on experienced internationals who were regulars in the side then we need to replace them, not try to just muddle through. If any of the young lads are good enough then of course get them in, but from what we've seen so far I think it's debatable that they are.

We came very close to being relegated last year. Just adding a couple of future league one players to the squad for the sake of it is asking for trouble. If we move on experienced internationals who were regulars in the side go then we need to replace them, not try to just muddle through. If any of the young lads are good enough then of course get them in, but from what we've seen so far I think it's debatable that they are.
Thats it for me, if any of the yoot can break into the first team then great, its an option.

But we really shouldnt be counting on 17-19 year olds with zero first team minutes under their belt, that would be quite foolish.

…I like Spence too, it’ll be very interesting if we are in for another RB. if we are, we might as well sell Patterson as it will be a real indicator that Lampard doesn’t rate him.

Hopefully we now go with what we have. Coleman and Patterson sharing games next season.
I think it's almost certain a RB will be sought.

I'm a big Coleman fan, but with the best will in the world he shouldn't be an automatic choice at RB; and Lampard hasn't shown any inclination to play Patterson so far (despite the "oh I was just going to play him too" comment he made after he got injured).

We cant go into a new season with a veteran and newbie as RB first choice.

I think it's almost certain a RB will be sought.

I'm a big Coleman fan, but with the best will in the world he shouldn't be an automatic choice at RB; and Lampard hasn't shown any inclination to play Patterson so far (despite the "oh I was just going to play him too" comment he made after he got injured).

We cant go into a new season with a veteran and newbie as RB first choice.
Imagine looking at our midfield and thinking "We need a Right Back".

With a 20 man matchday squad these days any less than 24 players is inviting big trouble.

It wouldnt be under 24...i was confused why Goat had it at 24.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say he didn't include Lonergan who has never played a minute for us, or Tarkowski who literally doesn't play for us. Just a hunch.

You always have to include the 3 keepers in the registered squad.

Lonergan hasnt resigned yet and Tarks hasnt signed yet.

If Tarks was to come in we would be able to ship a CB and if Lonergan signs, nothing happens, cos hes not a factor.

I smell a wager...

Thats it for me, if any of the yoot can break into the first team then great, its an option.

But we really shouldnt be counting on 17-19 year olds with zero first team minutes under their belt, that would be quite foolish.

Imo ideally it looks like this:

GK: Pickford / Begovic / Lonergan

LB: Mykolenko / Nkounkou

CB: Holgate / Godfrey / Branthwaite / Tarkowski

RB: Patterson / Coleman

CM: Davies / Doucoure / Iwobi

AM: Dele

LF: Richarlison / Gray

CF: DCL

RF: Gordon

8 OUT

Keane
Mina
Gomes
Allan
Gbamin
Townsend (long term injury)
Rondon
Kean

That leaves us with 19 players before any u23s are promoted and before any signings.

Need to add these 6 positions
1 CB
2 CM
1 AM
1 CF
1 RF

If I had to try to right this ship I'd literally be going through this list below Dembele, cross referencing the positions we're short and then going through it one by one to gauge interest. In the financial state we're in I wouldn't be going near squad players for any sort of money and honestly even in this list there's a good number of players that we could get with the right offer that wouldn't just improve the squad but would become some of our best players at the minute.
David Brooks was a very good player but then had health issues.
Not that long ago e was a player that was talked about a lot on here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back