Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't be 100% sure about, I got talking to some Forest fans on social media and they reckon he will still go and that they are going to replace him with Ilias Chair from QPR. We will just have to see I guess.

I think he will sign an extension to be fair

Brice Samba hasn't though who is a monster of a keeper

Hopefully young Flash is tapping up Lewis Potter.

1654896296758.webp

KLP would be welcome and add depth.

I think a big question is say Richarlison goes would you give Flash the left with Demari backing him up.

If you do - you could potentially have 80 odd million to look at positions elsewhere.

Moved this in here...

If we sell Moise Kean to Juventus for £25-27.5mil and sign KLP.

Then we have Richarlison, Gordon, KLP, Gray and Dobbin (Townsend may not return before his contract expires).

So, in theory if we did then sell Richarlison for an obscene fee we could bring in a LCB, DM, CM and CF with the money if Thelwell was prudent.

Moved this in here...

If we sell Moise Kean to Juventus for £25-27.5mil and sign KLP.

Then we have Richarlison, Gordon, KLP, Gray and Dobbin (Townsend may not return before his contract expires).

So, in theory if we did then sell Richarlison for an obscene fee we could bring in a LCB, DM, CM and CF with the money if Thelwell was prudent.

Out on the flanks, a serious consideration is the combos with the full backs. They have to be right.

Its an area Flash, has improved in drastically in the last 12 months, to his absolute credit.

So its a judgement call on what comobs you use to attack and protect the flank, if you signed KWP you are looking at combos of Flash, KWP,, Myko, Coleman and Patterson - you are looking at running both the left and right side offensively and defensively. Part of the reason i think we went to a three, is Gray left the left side very open when Richarlison went up top. I like Gray he has supreme technical skills and pace - but a big black mark against him is he can leave a flank vulnerable defensively and put a lot of work on the full back and that can push the whole system back.

Last edited:

This is how I see the squad for next season after Tarkowski comes in and the out of contract players leaving.... I`m not sure Nkounkou comes back in to the 1st team squad, he may do if Frank wants Wing Backs.

It is obvious we have a lot of Centre Backs which makes me think we will go 5 at the back permanently which I think will be a big mistake, unless we have a couple leaving i.e. Mina and Branthwaite on loan. Playing a 2 man midfield in the Premier League they would have to be absolutely world class to be able to deal with 3 Premier League quality CMs that everyone seems to use. That means we need to go and buy them 2 and literally none of the players we have is capable of playing that way, playing a 2 man midfield I believe was the single biggest factor in all our defeats last season along with injuries.

How many times did we see 4-4-2 or 5-2-3 and we were screaming for a 3rd CM player to make us less passive?

Anyway, I hope we go 4-3-3..........

1654937015466.webp

Out on the flanks, a serious consideration is the combos with the full backs. They have to be right.

Its an area Flash, has improved in drastically in the last 12 months, to his absolute credit.

So its a judgement call on what comobs you use to attack and protect the flank, if you signed KWP you are looking at combos of Flash, KWP,, Myko, Coleman and Patterson - you are looking at running both the left and right side offensively and defensively. Part of the reason i think we went to a three, is Gray left the left side very open when Richarlison went up top. I like Gray he has supreme technical skills and pace - but a big black mark against him is he can leave a flank vulnerable defensively and put a lot of work on the full back and that can push the whole system back.

I think we'd need to look at Mykolenko and Patterson and see which of Gordon/KLP (if signed) matched up with them...though I think they could switch over left/right with Dobbin also coming through.

Gray im not a fan of.

Someone like Dele drifting or Gallagher / similar running from deep would be ideal to add an attacking threat.

I hope Lampard looks at the likes of KLP, Colwill etc as the next batch and sees who he can mould into top players.

We really should use this window for sales and bringing in youth for him to develop along with the odd player like Tarkowski to stabilise.

This is how I see the squad for next season after Tarkowski comes in and the out of contract players leaving.... I`m not sure Nkounkou comes back in to the 1st team squad, he may do if Frank wants Wing Backs.

It is obvious we have a lot of Centre Backs which makes me think we will go 5 at the back permanently which I think will be a big mistake, unless we have a couple leaving i.e. Mina and Branthwaite on loan. Playing a 2 man midfield in the Premier League they would have to be absolutely world class to be able to deal with 3 Premier League quality CMs that everyone seems to use. That means we need to go and buy them 2 and literally none of the players we have is capable of playing that way, playing a 2 man midfield I believe was the single biggest factor in all our defeats last season along with injuries.

How many times did we see 4-4-2 or 5-2-3 and we were screaming for a 3rd CM player to make us less passive?

View attachment 169571

Few things...

1: Youve spelt Coleman incorrectly and he'd be backup at best.

2: Keane is dog dirt and thats too many centre backs without sales so he and Mina will go.

3: Wheres Nkounkou at left back?

4: Youve written CDM but Davies is the only 'passable' DM there. Allan isnt a defensive midfielder.

5: Gomes/Dele are opposites to the other two. If anyones missing the plan changes

6: Townsend is injured until 2023

The team needs players moved on pronto and at least 3 new players in addition to Tarkowski.

View attachment 169571

That entire midfield is still a huge problem.

I think we'd need to look at Mykolenko and Patterson and see which of Gordon/KLP (if signed) matched up with them...though I think they could switch over left/right with Dobbin also coming through.

Gray im not a fan of.

Someone like Dele drifting or Gallagher / similar running from deep would be ideal to add an attacking threat.

I hope Lampard looks at the likes of KLP, Colwill etc as the next batch and sees who he can mould into top players.

We really should use this window for sales and bringing in youth for him to develop along with the odd player like Tarkowski to stabilise.

Few things...

1: Youve spelt Coleman incorrectly and he'd be backup at best.

2: Keane is dog dirt and thats too many centre backs without sales so he and Mina will go.

3: Wheres Nkounkou at left back?

4: Youve written CDM but Davies is the only 'passable' DM there. Allan isnt a defensive midfielder.

5: Gomes/Dele are opposites to the other two. If anyones missing the plan changes

6: Townsend is injured until 2023

The team needs players moved on pronto and at least 3 new players in addition to Tarkowski.
Succinct post as ever ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back