Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
That entire midfield is still a huge problem.
I know it's boring and not one bit glamorous but I would love for us to get gana back for a couple of seasons. Plus another DM. Bissouma would be ideal but he'll be off to a side playing in Europe for big $. Midfield is our biggest issue in my opinion, all our centre mids are somewhere in between attacking and defending, they all float around in no man's land and do neither attack nor defend.
Saying that we have so many areas to strengthen in the summer and are weak as piss in the majority of positions as soon as we pick up an injury. We started football matches with Solomon rondon this season. It's completely inexcusable it really is, makes me utterly rage we keep recruiting absolute no marks, on multi year deals for big money and they hardly play. We would be better taking the risk and promoting youth than sign unproven, journeyman stop gaps.

I know it's boring and not one bit glamorous but I would love for us to get gana back for a couple of seasons. Plus another DM. Bissouma would be ideal but he'll be off to a side playing in Europe for big $. Midfield is our biggest issue in my opinion, all our centre mids are somewhere in between attacking and defending, they all float around in no man's land and do neither attack nor defend.
Saying that we have so many areas to strengthen in the summer and are weak as piss in the majority of positions as soon as we pick up an injury. We started football matches with Solomon rondon this season. It's completely inexcusable it really is, makes me utterly rage we keep recruiting absolute no marks, on multi year deals for big money and they hardly play. We would be better taking the risk and promoting youth than sign unproven, journeyman stop gaps.
Gana on a free, for ok wages I'm all for it. But he is 32. We should only give him a year, can't afford to give him a long contract.

George Michael
James Tarkowski -
Matt Law

Andrew Ridgeley
Gavin Bazunu
- Daniel McDonnell ** Cameron Carter-Vickers - Larry Henry Jr ** Jack Harrison - Graeme Bailey ** Valentin Castellanos - tuttomercatoweb ** Conor Gallagher - Dean Jones ** Armando Broja - Dean Jones ** Miguel Almiron - Roberto Rojas ** Levi Colwill - Ekrem Konur ** Eric Ramires - SportsWitness ** Joao Palhinha - RecordPT ** Chris Maxwell - LancsLive ** Cheick Doucoure - Charlie Parker-Turner ** Christian Eriksen - Simon Jones ** Brennan Johnson - Miguel Delaney ** Kalidou Koulibaly - Dylan Walsh ** Clement Lenglet - @Sport ** Oleksandr Zinchenko - The Athletic ** Kristoffer Ajer - The Athletic ** Maxwell Cornet - Mike McGrath ** James Garner - The Athletic ** Manor Solomon - tuttomercatoweb ** Adrien Truffert - RMC ** Kim Min-Jae - Sabah Gazetesi ** Ben Mee - MirrorAnderson ** Jesse Lingard - La Gazzetta dello Sport ** Billy Gilmour - Paul Brown ** Stephy Mavididi - FabrizioRomano ** Luka Milivojevic - sportimegreece ** Steven Bergwijn - Simon Jones ** Ruben Loftus-Cheek - Adrian Kajumba ** Keane Lewis-Potter - El bobble ** Rodrigo Becao - tuttoudinese ** Adama Traore - Football Insider ** Juan Cuadrado - calciomercato ** Georginio Rutter - BenjWin ** Jamie Cumming - Simon Phillips ** Luka Jovic - Teamtalk ** Harry Winks - Matt Law ** Otávio Edmilson da Silva Monteiro - Eljogo **

8c6cd8fad95e56cc1edb4335ce1ce53c_w200.gif

George Michael
James Tarkowski -
Matt Law

Andrew Ridgeley
Gavin Bazunu
- Daniel McDonnell ** Cameron Carter-Vickers - Larry Henry Jr ** Jack Harrison - Graeme Bailey ** Valentin Castellanos - tuttomercatoweb ** Conor Gallagher - Dean Jones ** Armando Broja - Dean Jones ** Miguel Almiron - Roberto Rojas ** Levi Colwill - Ekrem Konur ** Eric Ramires - SportsWitness ** Joao Palhinha - RecordPT ** Chris Maxwell - LancsLive ** Cheick Doucoure - Charlie Parker-Turner ** Christian Eriksen - Simon Jones ** Brennan Johnson - Miguel Delaney ** Kalidou Koulibaly - Dylan Walsh ** Clement Lenglet - @Sport ** Oleksandr Zinchenko - The Athletic ** Kristoffer Ajer - The Athletic ** Maxwell Cornet - Mike McGrath ** James Garner - The Athletic ** Manor Solomon - tuttomercatoweb ** Adrien Truffert - RMC ** Kim Min-Jae - Sabah Gazetesi ** Ben Mee - MirrorAnderson ** Jesse Lingard - La Gazzetta dello Sport ** Billy Gilmour - Paul Brown ** Stephy Mavididi - FabrizioRomano ** Luka Milivojevic - sportimegreece ** Steven Bergwijn - Simon Jones ** Ruben Loftus-Cheek - Adrian Kajumba ** Keane Lewis-Potter - El bobble ** Rodrigo Becao - tuttoudinese ** Adama Traore - Football Insider ** Juan Cuadrado - calciomercato ** Georginio Rutter - BenjWin ** Jamie Cumming - Simon Phillips ** Luka Jovic - Teamtalk ** Harry Winks - Matt Law ** Otávio Edmilson da Silva Monteiro - Eljogo **

8c6cd8fad95e56cc1edb4335ce1ce53c_w200.gif
Cameron Carter-Vickers (allegedly our backup option to Tarkowski) looks to have signed for Celtic mate.

DM is the biggest position we need sorting we need to identify someone younger than Gana too

This is how I see the squad for next season after Tarkowski comes in and the out of contract players leaving.... I`m not sure Nkounkou comes back in to the 1st team squad, he may do if Frank wants Wing Backs.

It is obvious we have a lot of Centre Backs which makes me think we will go 5 at the back permanently which I think will be a big mistake, unless we have a couple leaving i.e. Mina and Branthwaite on loan. Playing a 2 man midfield in the Premier League they would have to be absolutely world class to be able to deal with 3 Premier League quality CMs that everyone seems to use. That means we need to go and buy them 2 and literally none of the players we have is capable of playing that way, playing a 2 man midfield I believe was the single biggest factor in all our defeats last season along with injuries.

How many times did we see 4-4-2 or 5-2-3 and we were screaming for a 3rd CM player to make us less passive?

Anyway, I hope we go 4-3-3..........

View attachment 169571
our CDM next season.

42176964-9508289-image-m-95_1619308008427.webp

DM is the biggest position we need sorting we need to identify someone younger than Gana too
Depends on how we lineup though. If Frank goes with 3-4-3 then the 2 in the middle need to be more all rounders than out and out DM. If you look at the way that Wolves did it under Nuno and Thelwell they had Moutinho and Neves and they both can do a bit of everything and neither are exactly what you would call quick either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back