Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wasn't always convicted that Frank was signing those players - the summer after their transfer ban. yet carried the can in a big way.
He didn't want any of them, he had his own wants list, Tarkowski and Rice amongst others (someone posted the original tweet with the list of players the other week, its very different to what they signed) I'm not sure how much say the manager/coach had in signing players at Chelsea under Roman tbh, see if its any different under Mr Todd.

It's hard to see us not in another relegation fight next year. We will have moved on a few key players and removed players that never get a game. The likes of Coleman, Davies, Keane and Townsend will be getting games...yikes

He didn't want any of them, he had his own wants list, Tarkowski and Rice amongst others (someone posted the original tweet with the list of players the other week, its very different to what they signed) I'm not sure how much say the manager/coach had in signing players at Chelsea under Roman tbh, see if its any different under Mr Todd.

Id say its very hard to turn around and say" nah i dont Havetz" mate. But i think you are right, i always thought he got a raw deal there as the media lashed into him for spending 150 -200 odd million and they weren't getting results.

I enjoyed watching Chelsea the year he was there and they had the transfer ban, it was really interesting what he was doing in terms of bringing through youth and watching players emerge and develop and they were good and exciting to watch. The second year after the money less so.

Hopefully he can do a bit of year 1 Chelsea here now the decks are cleared of risk.

No, you wrote this:

"Dennis, 24 is a carbon copy of Richarlison for less than £15mil".

I'll tell you what my problem is (again).

Where have you included Dennis' attitude in your analysis? The attitude that got him bombed out of 3 clubs?

Why doesnt your post factor in what positions theyve played?

Cant see any stats there showing Dennis scoring 2 goals this year.

Your post is utter lazy nonsense.

Saying Dennis, kin Dennis is a "carbon copy of Richarlison"...

GTF.
Why so aggressive and condescending? Calm down love.

It's hard to see us not in another relegation fight next year. We will have moved on a few key players and removed players that never get a game. The likes of Coleman, Davies, Keane and Townsend will be getting games...yikes
Id be surprised if he ever plays again tbh, he had a very serious injury at an age that is going to be hard to come back from, especially when a large part of his game is based on pace.

If we do sell Richy, and assuming Tarkwoski is all but done, we're left with this for me next season. Anyone in red can/will/should go and then reinforcements brought in. Frankly the middle of the park is frightening but we already knew that.

View attachment 169807
This a pretty helpful guide actually (even if it demonstrates just how weak the squad depth is).

The new rule about five substitutions is a BIG factor - or at least it SHOULD be - in this summer's transfer activity. Why? Because it will cause two things to happen:

1) A greater premium will be placed on pacy players. The risk of them running themselves into the ground on 60 minutes will not change, but each manager will have more scope on any given matchday to remove an exhausted player and replace him with fresh legs.

2) Squad players will start to get more game time. Any team with sufficient squad depth will play a higher-tempo game, trying to exhaust the opposition, and will therefore use more substitutes more regularly.
What I think this means for us is that whilst we may be tempted to sell Davies, Holgate and Gray to make tidy profits for FFP purposes (because they each arrived for very low or non-existent fees), they will in fact stay because they are among the more modest wage-earners and will therefore be key in bulking out the squad. I think we're going to see a clear priority being placed on getting the highest earners off the payroll to create a more lasting positive FFP impact, and the only big transfer fees we will consider paying will be for players aged between 18 and 23 who have shown recent promise in the Championship, or one of the better European leagues.

I don't see how we can afford to keep Mina in any scenario. If Tarkowski DOES arrive, I don't see how or why we'd keep Keane. Branthwaite out on loan makes sense so then we'd need one more CB in to give us enough to go 4 at the back every week... if we are going to adopt any formation using 3 CBs on a regular basis then the new 5-sub rule means Branthwaite would get more regular game time, so he would stay.

Midfield is a mess. Doucoure and Iwobi are the only ones I'd definitely keep from an on-field performance point of view, but for finance reasons Allan and Davies could stay as backups. Allan equally could go, with my blessing and thanks, if an offer exceeding his book value came in. Gomes has to depart - loan or permanent doesn't matter, as long as his wages come off the payroll. Gbamin can stay IF his wages are modest (no idea if they are) because the five subs rule might see him get more game time.

Dele Alli is a real quandry. If he stays and appears regularly (which would be inevitable in the 5 subs regime) then we're going to be handing over at least £10m this season to Spurs, AND paying his wage (which I suspect is at the higher end of our payroll). The FFP hit for this guy will be considerable (the fee will be spread over the remaining years of his contract) and therefore he needs to make a consistent, significant impact to justify it. Aside from my gut feeling about the likelihood of him doing so, there is also the issue that our finances are such that we cannot take many of these types of gambles - he's not a youngster anymore so we can't be guaranteed a decent fee for him if he struggles and we decide to sell.

The front line is so threadbare it picks itself, and the need for reinforcements is blindingly obvious. There's no way we can sell DCL or Gray if Richarlison goes - we already need a striker, even if Richarlison stays!

PS - there's no way we will set up in a 4231 or a 343 on a regular basis this year. Both require two high-quality deep midfielders: we currently have none, and lack the FFP spending freedom to bring in more than one. We'd need to unearth a complete diamond in the rough for very low wages to get a second one in, and we aren't that lucky.

If we do sell Richy, and assuming Tarkwoski is all but done, we're left with this for me next season. Anyone in red can/will/should go and then reinforcements brought in. Frankly the middle of the park is frightening but we already knew that.

View attachment 169807

Doucoure won't be going anywhere, but otherwise the rest of it looks about right

When Richarlison goes, we should be concentrating on a player who's comfortable playing from the right rather than someone like KLP who's better from the left - Gordon and Gray being most comfortable on that side too

Frightening, haha. Townsend and Gray, brought in as very obvious backups, once again forced into being crucial players for us, and Tom Davies just one injury away from being a regular starter. lol

For me if we sell who I expect (note the 12 positions for flexibility)...

GK: Pickford / Begovic / Lonergan
LWB: Mykolenko / Nkounkou
LCB: Holgate / ???
CB: Tarkowski / Branthwaite
RCB: Godfrey / Coleman
RWB: Patterson / ???
DM: ??? / Davies
CM: Iwobi / Doucoure
LF: Gordon / Gray
AM: Dele / ???
RF: ??? / Dobbin
CF: DCL / ???

19 players there...promote a few from u23s.

We'd need;

Left footed centre back
Right back / right wing back
Defensive midfielder
Attacking midfielder
Right forward
Centre forward

KLP is an interesting one as he'd be able to play at LF / AM / RF so could be ideal really. He and Gordon could be moved around with Dobbin / Gray brought in if needed.

Id be surprised if he ever plays again tbh, he had a very serious injury at an age that is going to be hard to come back from, especially when a large part of his game is based on pace.
I also forgot to add the silly amount of injuries we will pickup and not likey be the players we bring in...its the Everton way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back